hard bump above navel incision

cindymomof4
on 4/21/11 12:05 am - Greenwood, IN

I am 11 days out, and there is a hard bump right above my navel incision, pretty big- probably as big around as a quarter, and round.  It doesn't stick out of the skin, I can just feel it when I push in a little bit.. It is not warm, doesn't hurt, no fever.  I called the doctor's office and they said to watch it, but didn't really seem to think they knew what it was.  I am a couple of hours away from my doc, so don't want to go there unless I have to.  Has anyone else had this?  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 12:29 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I have small, hard lumps just under 3 of my incisions.  My PA checked them and said it was just scar tissue.  They aren't painful and have already gone down in size.  Thank goodness!
Tawni F.
on 4/21/11 2:21 am - TX
 I am 16 days post op and have the same thing under the same incision, I think its just scar tissue as well, it doesnt hurt and isnt getting bigger so i wouldnt worry too much just keep an eye on it thats what I am doing.

Donna09
on 4/21/11 5:38 am - CA
Yes, your incisions are just healing and scar tissue is forming. 
cindymomof4
on 4/21/11 6:24 am - Greenwood, IN
Thanks so much everyone! I ended up going to my pcp today to be safe, and they said it is a normal healing response.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views