3 weeks out and wondering

acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:09 am
Hi all! I'm 3 three weeks post surgery and doing pretty well. Have some pain in the left side of my abdomin, but going to talk to my surgeon about it today. I'm wondering how you were doing three weeks out? How much weight had you lost? What was your physical activity? What were you eating?

acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:15 am
I'm wondering because I've lost about 15 pounds and have been eating 1 protein shake a day, yogurt, peanut butter (1-2tbsp), yogurt, tuna, chicken, cheese. I'm wondering if I should just stick with protein shakes for awhile to get the biggest bang for my buck weightloss in the beginning.

BriarRose
on 4/21/11 4:35 am
It sounds like you are doing great. Everyone loses weight at a different rate, and it sounds like you are doing fine !!!

For me, at three weeks, I was still on mushies, so you will have to ask your surgeon about your diet and what you should be eating.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
foodlover
on 4/21/11 4:46 am
I lost about the same as you and I was on the shakes so I don't think it matters.  My left side pain just started going away and I am almost 5 weeks out.  I started mushies at 3 weeks and 4 days.  Looks and sounds like you are doing great just as you are. :)
acwardell
on 4/21/11 4:55 am
Thanks to both of you. I think sometimes you just need someone to tell you you're doing okay :)

Meg1Pat2
on 4/21/11 4:57 am - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
I am 9 days post op. I have lost 13 pounds.  No nausea, no pain. I am a little tired, but my
activity level is pretty normal, walking the dogs, housework, but haven't gone back to work. 
Two protein shakes a day (I double up, I put protein powder into a protein shake), flavored
water, cream soup, soft cheese, (Babybel Light tastes good) and scrambled egg. Handling
liquids well, can drink about three swallows without pain, but more than that and I feel 
momentary pain. I can get 12 0z of a shake down over about 30 minutes. But I can't handle
"solid food" ie (cheese or egg) more than 2-3 bites without feeling that uncomfortable full
feeling.  I plan on starting excercise soon, end of this week or so.

Lananala
on 4/21/11 8:24 am - CA
On April 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM Pacific Time, Meg1Pat2 wrote:
I am 9 days post op. I have lost 13 pounds.  No nausea, no pain. I am a little tired, but my
activity level is pretty normal, walking the dogs, housework, but haven't gone back to work. 
Two protein shakes a day (I double up, I put protein powder into a protein shake), flavored
water, cream soup, soft cheese, (Babybel Light tastes good) and scrambled egg. Handling
liquids well, can drink about three swallows without pain, but more than that and I feel 
momentary pain. I can get 12 0z of a shake down over about 30 minutes. But I can't handle
"solid food" ie (cheese or egg) more than 2-3 bites without feeling that uncomfortable full
feeling.  I plan on starting excercise soon, end of this week or so.
About how many calories are you eating and carbs. Just curious. I am eight day post op and would love to be down 16lbs.

Just curious!

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

acwardell
on 4/21/11 5:11 am
wow you're doing great!

Kristy R.
on 4/21/11 5:41 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I was 3 weeks on Tuesday.

I'm down 15 pounds post op, as far as I know.  I only weigh on Saturdays.

My physical activity is normal, I work all day and I exercise after work as well, most days.

I started pureed foods on Tuesday.  So far I am loving refried beans and pureed egg salad.  I tried pureed  crab salad last night, no bueno!  

I feel great, and I started getting comments due to being down 30 pounds overall.

Best wishes!  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

acwardell
on 4/21/11 5:55 am
Congratulations! How long have you been exercising every night? We had the same surgery date! yeah!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views