FOOD- 1 month out

gabriella12
on 4/26/11 2:05 pm
I was just wondering what am I supposed to be eating one month out?  I am a couple days short of the one month mark and I have tried fish, and a little chicken but I am scared of red meat.  My doctor said I could eat everything by 5 weeks but I just wanted to ask.  So far I havent had any problems with food, everything goes down good which is a bit scary.  Is this normal?  Also, I get really hungry often.  I mean, I can only take 2-3 ozs but I get hungry like every 2-3 hours.  Is there something wrong????? I feel bad eating so often, It gives me the feeling I'm overdoing calories or something.  How many calories should I be consuming at this point anyway?  I am not counting any of these things like calories or proteins.  I know I have enough because I am not drinking any protein shakes anymore, yuk!  So I try to eat a lot of high protein foods and little carbs but I am still lost.  I think I'm doing this all wrong...
vjb1952
on 4/26/11 3:38 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi...I am 4 weeks out.  I have had eggs, chicken, fish and ground beef (my dr says no stea****il much farther out, like 3 months), I've even licked a small bit of peanut butter off a spoon...I also have thin sliced cheeses and thin sliced turkey or chicken sandwich meat, but I put about 4 slices of the lunchmeat on a thin slice of cheese and cut it in 4 squares...sometimes I put the squares on a cracker, sometimes not.  I take small bites, chew alot and so far no real problems.  I do feel the need to eat something about every 3 hours, and when it's not time for a meal, I drink water first to see if I'm really just thirsty...then I drink some (more) of my protein shake but if neither of those things help, I eat something...usually protein.   I can eat cooked vegetables but no salads yet (am supposed to wait until at least 8 or 12 weeks out for salad, really looking forward to that!).  I haven't been counting anything yet because I am still feeling my way with my lil' sleeve.  In another month or so, I will go back to working with the nut in my PCP's office.  LOL...my Easter holiday dinner included half a chicken thigh, 3 thin slices of sauteed zuccini, 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes and not quite half a whole wheat dinner roll...my family loved it because I did not overeat.

I don't think you are doing it all wrong...I had cut out the protein shakes for a few days, but when I saw my dr for the follow-up consultation, he said I needed to re-add them to get all the protein in...That's what I was doing wrong.

Best wishes along this journey,  Viv 

vjb1952

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 9:21 pm
 Ohhhhhh, I can't wait for peanut butter.  I never could tolerate that with my band.  I miss it. 
Most Active