Sleeping in a recliner???

kanga003
on 4/27/11 10:46 am
Did anyone feel the need to sleep in a recliner for thier first days home?

I remember reading about that on the RNY board before I realized the sleeve was an option :-)

I'm thinking of picking up an old one at Goodwill or something to get me by, but it hasn't sounded like an issue over here in sleeve land :-)

I don't even have a date yet :-)  Can you tell I'm a planner!?!
Mary R.
on 4/27/11 10:51 am - OH
It would have definitely helped me!  I really only needed one for the first 5 or 6 days but we dont have one so i had to make do.  My husband had to help me up from bed and when I wasnt sleeping i had 4 king pillows propped up behind me.
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

foodlover
on 4/27/11 10:54 am
I still use it.  I have had incision pain and it really helps because I can't toss and turn.
(deactivated member)
I was thinking I'd need one, but all I needed was to prop pillows under our foam topper on the mattress to raise the head a bit. I was able to comfortably lay out flat in less than a week. If you can grab one and you have room for it, they are comfy and a good place to stretch out for a nap though!
jacksmom2006
I just took it nice and slow getting in and out of bed for the first week. By week 2 it was business as usual. I would forego the recliner.

Best of Luck!
Vanessa

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

wert
on 4/27/11 10:58 am - MN
I live alone and don't have anyone to help me get up and I did just fine in my bed. If you start on your side and push yourself up from that position it helps. I think it would be hard to try to get up laying on your back. Go to your side first, then push up. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 11:01 am
It was harder for me to get out of my recliner than it was to get out of bed.   (Our living room recliners are overstuffed and huge, so that might have been the problem.)

Go figure...
sleeve genie
on 4/27/11 11:03 am - Alhambra, CA
I have a recliner but i didn't use it.  I slept in my bed just fine,  just took my time getting up and down but again,  i had no problems   hope you get your date soon :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

ravenssummer
on 4/27/11 11:14 am - West Warwick, RI
I tried sleeping in bed the first night home but i sooo could not. I had lots of pillows to prop me up and it still didn't help. I slept in a recliner but your body will decide what it can and can not handle.
Herbie55
on 4/27/11 11:15 am - MI
I tried the recliner but ended up sleeping on my sofa the first couple of nights home. I slept facing the back of the sofa with a pillow pressed between the sofa back and my abdomen. It helped more than you could know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views