Loosing weight slow!

bluejay13
on 5/1/11 12:00 pm
I am 8 weeks post surgery.  I exercise everyday.  I went through the 3 week slow down, and just went through another one.  It only lasted a week this time.  I am down 33 1/2 pounds, and feel like it is coming off too slow.  I eat about 800-1000 calaries a day...Help
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 12:16 pm - CA
I'm losing slower than you so, don't sweat it! 17 pounds in 5 weeks for me--but I knew this was going to happen 'cause I lost slowly with the crapband, too. :) I think you're doing great!
PK130
on 5/1/11 12:19 pm - Dallas, TX
VSG on 03/01/11 with
Crapband
bluejay13
on 5/1/11 12:23 pm

Thank you for your vote of confidence.  You have less weight to loose than I do so you are doing good too!

Brenda L.
on 5/1/11 12:20 pm - Raleigh, NC
You are doing great! I have lost 40 pounds in three months and my surgeon is very pleased. Lightweights generally lose slower I have been told by my NUT.

Brenda
  Brendini                                                              
bluejay13
on 5/1/11 12:25 pm
My surgeon is pleased too.  I guess I just want it to come off faster.  I read about so many people that have lost it so much faster, and it got me worried.  Thanks for the encouragment though.
NewDawn50
on 5/1/11 12:57 pm
I'm not a lightweight and am a slow loser.  I just updated my ticker to show 54 lbs. lost, so don't know if it will show yet on here.

I eat really healthy, I drink my fluids and exercise at least 4x weekly - and before barely moved.

I still lose slowly. Lost just 1 lb. this past week.   It is what it is. We are all different, and comparing ourselves to others isn't worth it.  We'll get there.  

I have a long way to go yet, but have lost a lot of inches and am down 3 sizes.  I'll take it.  Today, we strolled around, walked the dog, and I did 3 miles on my recumbent bike.  I'm ble to do more and feel great.

Enjoy the journey.

Crystal W.
on 5/1/11 1:21 pm, edited 5/1/11 1:30 pm - PA
Bluejay13 I think your doing great, just think of it this way, as long as the arrow keeps pointing  down on the scale, and does'nt go up, that's the important thing.

It took me 20 years to get to 446lbs.  LOL.  So I'm constantly telling myself that if I can gain 266lbs over the course of 20 years.  I can be a little patient with my weight loss, and give it some time.

I now lose between 1 to 5 lbs a week and it varies by the week.  I've been reading other post, and some of the other members say to watch your carbs too, because that can slow your weight loss.   So I noticed when I eat more protein and less carbs the scale moves more.  You don't have to give up carbs, just make sure you are eating more protein with your meals.  I try to have the bulk of my meal 70% protein, 15% veggies and 15% carbs.

Good luck and GOD bless!!  Keep up the good work!

http://swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html               
MediumSoon
on 5/1/11 2:14 pm - TX
You are doing almost exactly what I did - lost 34 lbs in 2 months (including 10 lbs pre-op). Don't worry. As always, more fluid, and more protein, and more exercise are always options!

May D.
on 5/1/11 2:20 pm
I'm also losing slow, but I look at it this way, the slower we lose the less chances of the weight coming back on and.... we don't lose our hair!  that's a plus for me!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views