fears

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/6/11 12:06 am, edited 5/6/11 12:10 am - CA
I just wonder if anyone else has felt this way...I had my sleeve 11 days ago and I've been having anxiety that I'm the only person this "tool" is not gonna be successful for and that I will be so humiliated because everyone already knows I've had surgery.
For one thing I went back to work only one week after surgery and I am passionate about my job. I have not had time to exercise but twice. I know I need to incorporate exercise into my new lifestyle and keep saying as I always have "tomorrow I will".
Also I get bored with the same tastes and dont have much time to be creative so I've eaten more pureed fruit than I should be...often before or instead of my protein.
I"ve lost 16 lbs since vsg but everyday when i get on scale I expect to have stopped losing because I didnt get enough protein or water in and I'm not exercising.
Also going on a 3 day camping trip with my Mom, my hubby, and my adult children and their spouses plus the grandbaby-we are leaving in a few hours. Big family of bbqers, every family event is centered around FOOD. I'm still on full liqids for the most part, cream of wheat, baby food. I sooo wanna bury my teeth into a big fat juicy pork rib!!
These feelings are killing my self esteem because once again I feel like a failure with no self control.

VSG: 4/25/11

Sabrina R.
on 5/6/11 12:56 am - CA
“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t….you're right."  You just have to decide NOT to think negative anymore. Negative attracts negative and positive attracts positive. You know the old saying, "Birds of a feather fly together".

http://www.positive-thinking-for-you.com/

Good Luck to you! Only you can decide how you're going to think and do.

Sabrina
Jenijeni
on 5/6/11 12:56 am
Honey, this tool works for everybody, but here's what you have to remember... A hammer is a tool and IT works for everyone, but you have to actually pick it up and use it. Otherwise, it's just a paperweight, right? So, you have to take responsibility for making the tool work for YOU.

You're going camping? Pack a TON of healthy foods for you! Don't give in to head hunger... Be as diligent as you can! Good luck!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

kalimamasmom
on 5/6/11 1:16 am
I am in SHOCK that you went back to work after 11 days!  I LOVE my job, too, and am on day 11 and wouldn't even consider it!
If you can do THAT, you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!
Do you think this might be a little of the hormone release fogging up your mind?
Stay strong...let the tool work, but more importantly, use the tool properly!
Jen

M-Lou
on 5/6/11 2:18 am - OH
It looks like you were sleeved the day after me.  I went back to work at 14 days and I am also finding it very hard to get in my protein and water.  But I'm trying to be good to myself too.  I feel great, just can't get any pureed foods in due to the restriction, so I'm mostly still focusing on tryng to get in liquids.  You are losing well and I think it is understandable not to be exercising yet. You are working full time and not taking in many calories at all.  Many people get back to it right away, but many others wait a month, especially if you are struggling with the protein.  Sounds like you are having lots of head hunger still.  You do not want to cheat and sink your teeth into that rib because it could get stuck in a staple and cause a severe problem.  Just keep remembering
that.  Give yourself a break.  You have had major surgery, you are doing something positive for yourself and you will not let yourself fail.....look in that mirror and say it over and over!!!!
Good Luck!!!  We can both do it!!!!

vacationlover
on 5/6/11 2:27 am
Most Active