How to i stop the pre-op eating

NewSkinnyChick30
on 5/9/11 2:54 am - NY
Ok so since i have been going threw the process to get the surgery done...i have been eating like food is going out of style..im schedule to have surgery june 20th ..i would like have to get my eating under control before then ..but i just keep on and on..lolol..it horrible..Im sure wont be sucessful in the surgery if im not tryin to eat right prior..Ohhh please someone help me..lololol

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
~Henry David Thoreau~

Caligirlgina
on 5/9/11 2:56 am - CA
Oh do I feel you! I am having surgery on June 17th and I just feel so out of control with my eating. I keep saying that I am going to have one last "steak" or one last potaoto! I had planned on getting on liquids to get my body under control but I did not do it this morning. I have to get my butt in gear. I have gained 8 pounds in the last 3 months since I had my band out. Doc wants me to lose 20 pounds.
Gina
DrHollywood
on 5/9/11 3:05 am - Harbor City, CA
 get yourself busy......  and if your eating,  jus****ch what you eat...  eat healthy....  until your pre-op diet.  DONT GAIN WEIGHT....   

Get yourself busy outside the house!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

NewSkinnyChick30
on 5/9/11 3:08 am - NY
ok guys im going to really try and do this but its so hard..lolol..my pre-op app is june 3 and i know the dr is gonna think im outta control..what should do to get in gear should i dont an liquid diet or what???

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
~Henry David Thoreau~

KrisJ77
on 5/9/11 3:11 am - TX
Don't stress about it!! Just don't go crazy though!! Lol!! 

JsSkinnyMom
on 5/9/11 3:11 am - Youngsville, LA
It's so hard before surgery! If it wasn't, we wouldn't need the surgery. lol But try your best to drop a few lbs. to get a head start. I think you would be sooo disappointed if your whole first month post op was just to lose the new weight you gained.

Don't do the "last meal" thing. You can have all of that food in moderation after surgery when you're able to control your appetite. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't perfect either. My doc didn't require a pre-opt diest and I only lost three lbs. on my own but I'm so glad I hadn't gained.
 J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
SASSI11
on 5/9/11 3:26 am
I am dealing with the same issues now.  I am scheduled for June 16th and am having a hard time with food.  I started taking my vitamins but pretty much that's it.  My eating hasn't changed much except for the fact that I keep telling DH that I can't wait till I can't eat like this anymore. 

It's hard.  Hang in there.  Thank God for this surgery.  

Stephanie

Sandy S.
on 5/9/11 3:32 am
I am right with you.  My doc fixed my red wagon by saying I have to loose 50 lbs before surgury.  I have lost 25, so I am really focused on loosing the second half this last month.  How much can I expect to loose on the liquid diet the last 2 weeks?

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Jennchap
on 5/9/11 3:32 am - CA
 I went through a little of this and then just reminded myself that there would come a time when I  could have anything I wanted… I mean thats why I chose the ******g sleeve after all right? And now that Im over 3 months out I can sit back and laugh at how dramatic I was with my food funeral! I ate so much **** I was sick. I had been eating lean for a year and then went to LA and ate every ******g chili fry in my path!! I mean really, Ive had a bite of cake, pizza, fries… everything. Its not good bye its back off high calorie *****es… but just for a lil bit… Just remind yourself of that **** over and ******g over… its not good bye… its like a break with a boyfriend who is an asshole but killer in the sac. You need some space… but every now and then… you just have to hit that ****!

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

NewSkinnyChick30
on 5/9/11 3:39 am - NY
[email protected] u have a good point..im goin to stop acting like im never going to eat again..lolol

~Henry David Thoreau~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views