Frisco-Breakfast for Dinner-ala Uncle Larry

frisco
on 5/17/11 3:52 pm

Oh.....I gotta In-n-Out one just loaded and ready to fire......but I'm not 4........more like 10

Truth be known...... A good steak or Prime Rib (end cut) gets nothing....even good BBQ I prefer no sauce..... taste da meat !

Now a mediocre steak gets Ketchup and Worcestershire or a hollandaise..... A mediocre Prime gets creamed horseradish....Mediocre BBQ gets BBQ sauce.....

Ketchup on eggs, pork chops, french fries....

That's how I roll.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

NewDawn50
on 5/17/11 3:53 pm
Dude, is this food...or artwork?  Too pretty to eat, yet I can eat it just with my eyes and sense how good this dish is.

doggz109
on 5/17/11 5:32 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I used to make something like that.....but put salsa on top.  Good to know it has a name! :) 

Ketchup is definitely rockin' for eggs.....or some nice salsa or hot sauce if you got it.

Nice meal....I am definitely going to start making this.
Lee ~
on 5/18/11 12:01 am - CA
Love the reminder about this dish.  When I was a kid my aunt made it for me but she used fried salami instead of ground beef.  I think I lived on these ground beef creations during months 2-6 post-op.  I was just saying yesterday that I miss my shell-less taco bowls.  Time to start them up again!

Your photos always rock. Yup, time for you to do a WLS cookbook with pics.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Bruce S.
on 5/18/11 12:09 am - Portland, TN
Awesome looking dish.  Gonna have to try it when I get to that stage.  Now, as for Ketchup, really?  Hot Sauce on everything for me.
farewell2fat
on 5/18/11 12:14 am - Apopka, FL
Yummo!! Looks delish!! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 12:14 am
Sometimes when I make something really pretty, healthy and delicious looking I am tempted to photograph it and post it on here, but I don't because it's your thing and it doesn't seem right to copy you.  You always do such a great job.  I agree that you could publish a bariatric cookbook.
frisco
on 5/18/11 12:26 am, edited 5/18/11 1:21 am

No No !!!!!!

Please post !!!!

Or else my efforts won't mean much.......

I'm just trying to share and spread the word that food is a good thing !!!!

Most of us came into this thinking that eating is "over" once we have surgery.

My message is to embrace a "quality over quantity" approach to eating for life.

I'm finding if I eat my small amounts of "good" food and take a few moments to make it look like something.....It means more.

And don't even get it wrong.... most days and meals I'm eating off of paper plates and plastic forks !!!!

So please post and share in our new relationship with food !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/11 1:02 am, edited 5/18/11 1:02 am
Thank you Frisco!  I will post next time I am inspired to do so. 

I so agree with your concept of celebrating healthy food that nourishes us.  Food is not our enemy and we should embrace our small serving size with a healthy attitude.  As you said, "Quality over quantity".

We've had this convo before.  Remember?  I was telling you how I have to make everything form scratch, so I make everything as fabulous as possible.  I want every bite to be quality, fresh, delicious, and high in protein.  By the way, I eat most of meals off of paper plates too.  I have an aversion to washing dishes, plus, I never have to worry about cross contamination with paper plates (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.)

You know,  simple whole foods are easier to prepare than things like carby casseroles and such.  Once a person gets the hang of whole foods and simple elegant meals, the easier it becomes to prepare.
 I love the example you set when it comes to cooking.  You always do a fantastic job!
jimbovsg
on 5/18/11 1:20 am
On May 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

No No !!!!!!

Please post !!!!

Or else my efforts won't mean much.......

I'm just trying to share and spread the word that food is a good thing !!!!

Most of us came into this thinking that eating is "over" once we have surgery.

My message is to embrace a "quality over quantity" approach to eating for life.

I'm finding if I eat my small amounts of "good" food and take a few moments to make it look like something.....It means more.

And don't even get it wrong.... most days and meals I'm eating off of paper plates and plastic forks !!!!

So please post and share in out new relationship with food !!!!

frisco
When Frisco's at the store (buying his ketchup by the case)  he starts salivating when asked...."paper or plastic?" by the checkout person.   His "Pavlovian response" to using paper plates....and plastic forks so often for meals.......ha ha ha !

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views