9 mos post op update

wannabe loser
on 5/20/11 3:57 pm, edited 5/20/11 4:32 pm
hi everyone<br />
<br />
It has been a while since I posted, but I do stop by occassionally and read through posts. it has been 9 months since my surgery, and if there are any newbies out there still contemplating--just do it. <br />
<br />
I have lost almost 90 lbs . I am down to 162 as of tonight, size 10/12. I am off of all my medications and life could not be better. my back pain is gone and I started running and becoming even more active in the past couple of months, it helped shed the last 20 lbs. I am really close to my goal of 150. i might revise it once I get there. <br />
<br />
if i can figure out how, i will post a pic in my profile,not sure how to do it here... YES--was able to post the pic <br />
<br />
kasima

sleeve genie
on 5/20/11 4:05 pm - Alhambra, CA
I'm so glad you posted,  i have thought about you lately and wondered how you were doing.   So glad all is going so well for you ,  that's great.    I'm still plodding along   lol   not the fastest at this but i'm getting there,   don't be a stranger   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

autumn41
on 5/20/11 10:22 pm - Nipomo, CA
KSqtpie
on 5/20/11 4:32 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
 It is so encouraging to hear from someone who has lost 90 lbs in 9 months. I wont be able to get sleeved for another 6 months, but my goal is to lose 100 lbs in 1 yr after surgery. That would put me at my goal weight! You are an inspiration!
Nick E.
on 5/20/11 11:15 pm - Duluth, GA
Congratulations fellow August Sleever. I hope your journey has been as  rewarding as mine. I only regret that I didn't take this first step many years earlier, but I guess all we can do is deal with our remaining tomorrows.  
How has your food choices changed over the past few months? I seem to only tolerate 3-4 oz at most per meal and staying around 1000 calories with 60-80 g of protein per day. I depend heavily on warm liguids such as Hot Chocolates (with Protein Powder) , Mcdonald's Non Fat No Sugar Lattes / Capucinos Coffees and lots of soups and Stews. Still no breads.
I still approach eating as a required refueling event only. I miss the comfort effect but not the lbs that I have dropped hopefully forever.
Good Luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views