I need a food tracker... PLEASE!!!

kanga003
on 5/23/11 12:13 am
I CAN NOT find one that I like.  I get sick to dealth of not having the right things in it, get frustrated nd give up...

I have tried sparkpeople and this site and both are driving me NUTS!

I think I'll have to just do my own, but I'd love ANY advice!!!

Thanks!!!
Inikah J.
on 5/23/11 12:15 am - Houston, TX
Weigh****chers have good trackers.  You can just go to a Weigh****chers and purchase a tracker you don't have to be a member.

I like there trackers. Good luck.
SassyItalian
on 5/23/11 12:18 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I find myfitnesspal.com is really easy, most of the foods are already entered, you just chose your quantity. i mean everything, most brands. and you can use their recipe calculator too when you make something home cooked. very simple.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Bigasiangirl
on 5/23/11 12:18 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
I personally use MyFitnessPal.com; it has been very effective for me.

Ms Shell
on 5/23/11 12:31 am - Hawthorne, CA
 I've used spark people.  What is the problem you are having with the 2 trackers?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Sunshine00015
on 5/23/11 12:39 am
I use www.fitday.com

CJCC55
on 5/23/11 12:39 am, edited 5/23/11 12:39 am - Cleveland, TN
have tried a couple, but love Myfitnesspal. It has always had everything in the database, and has a mobile app that is very very handy when "on the go"
Best of all.....ITS FREE

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Spiritus
on 5/23/11 12:43 am, edited 5/23/11 1:07 am - Hawthorne, CA

For freebie trackers you will have to deal with ads, spam and other stuff.  I like Livestrong.com, click on MY PLATE and start tracking.  For paid food trackers, I prefer DIE****CH.com....you can buy their software direct (sign up for their email blasts and you will receive coupon codes or special pricing) OR purchase it off Ebay from them.

NO ads, spam and they have a bulletin board and they will answer your questions quickly and scientifically.  I have had no problems with Dietwarch...love 'em!  I've also used Balance Log in conjuntion with BodyGem measurements.  The original company went out of business, but it's software was purchased by MicroLife.  The company is now called MicroLife Balance Log and it still uses BodyGem or MedGem  measurements....really liked them too. 

http://metabolicratetest.com/microlife-balancelog-software/

therese50
on 5/23/11 12:49 am - Lansing, MI
I use MyPlate.com   It's super easy and free.  It has drop down menus to choose your food item and when you click on it it will immediately tell you how many cals, carbs, protein etc. and then it logs it.  You enter the calorie count you want and as you enter foods you eat throughout the day, it calculates it and tells you how many calories you have left for the day.  It tracks your water and fitness and it also gives you a daily total of all you've eaten, plus a pie chart so you can see the percentages of protein versus carbs etc.  I love it.

lucy2e
on 5/23/11 12:50 am - Laurel, MD
Add another vote for www.myfitnesspal.com!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views