1 complimentary food tray lasts all day!

kalimamasmom
on 5/25/11 12:34 pm

This is so cool and not cool at the same time.
Not cool - My 16 year old daughter is in the hospital with an unknown something causing severe pain.  All organs are good, we are waiting on some cultures.  She's on morphine and in lala land.
So, I was TOTALLY NOT PREPARED to be in an ER  for 8 hours and then transferred and admitted to the hospital.  I had no food, no protein drinks, UGH!
So, after 4 hours (11pm) I was feeling weird, got some cottage cheese, yogurt and water and that fed me at 11 and 3am and got me through until this morning. 
Here's the cool part.  I was told that parents get 1 complimentary food tray per day.  I was able to order tuna, crackers, cottage cheese, peaches and yogurt.  I ate approximately every 3 hours and the tray lasted the ENTIRE DAY!  I finally got my nectar at 6 pm, so I drank one of those, too, but WOW!  What a drastic reduction of food intake.  It was really cool to see these small containers that sustained me for the whole day. 
So, bummer day and cool day all wrapped up into one!
I'm done rambling now!   Thanks for listening!
Jen

AniO
on 5/25/11 12:37 pm
Awesome! I hope they figure out what's wrong with your daughter and that she's healed ASAP!

AniO

sleeve genie
on 5/25/11 12:44 pm - Alhambra, CA
Wow,  i'm so sorry that this is happening to your daughter, being a Mother myself, i can't think of anything worst than having your baby in trouble and not knowing what it is or how to fix it.  I hope they figure it all out very quickly and that its an easy fix.   Good job on not going overboard eating, i'm not sure i would have done so well.   God Bless you and your family will be in my thoughts :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Birdie55
on 5/25/11 12:50 pm
I hope they figure out what is wrong with your daughter quickly. You're doing great; hang in there mom.

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

DragonGirl
on 5/26/11 1:46 am - MN

Prayers and good thoughts to you and your daughter, I hope they figure out whats going on with her.
My favorite lunch is samples at Costco...few pieces of meat and I'm good...my Husband says I'm a cheap date!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views