Camelback Confusion

No More Spanx
on 6/4/11 10:50 am - Rock Island, IL
I bought the camelback water bottle which I really love.  I have been using it during my pre-op 10 day diet.  But my post-op instructions say no straws.   So can I use this waterbottle after the first week clear liquids (I figure I will be using a 2 oz shot cup for water the first week).  Did anyone else use it after the second week post-op?

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Foxbins
on 6/4/11 10:59 am
I use mine at least 1x a week.  I also drank from straws immediately post op and I did fine; actually I think it helped getting in all my water because I could take tiny sips.  I did burp a lot, though.  Not so much anymore.
_Nikki_
on 6/4/11 11:01 am
The reason they say no straws is because some people gulp when using a straw and you can get air in our tummy that is painful. For me it was the opposite and helped me control how much I drank. My Dr. said it was up to me and if it worked use it. Hope this helps.
_Nikki_ 

Jenijeni
on 6/4/11 11:16 am
The CamelBak actually keeps you from getting that air that you can get with straws. I used in right from the beginning post op.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

PokerSushi
on 6/4/11 11:17 am - Canada

My experience was very much anti-straw!  I couldn't drink from a straw, or even a bottle, for quite awhile after surgery.

Some can, some can't...but even if you can't right away you'll be able to at some point so the camelback will be useful to you again!

mylastchance
on 6/4/11 11:36 am
I use straws a lot,  in fact I was given one while in the hospital right after surgery.  I know a lot of people say no to straws but I have never had any problems.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Songcatcher
on 6/4/11 12:07 pm, edited 6/4/11 12:35 pm
I don't see a problem with using the camelbak because I take tiny little sips with mine and it works great!

No More Spanx
on 6/4/11 2:41 pm - Rock Island, IL
Thank You All!!  All I can do is give it a try when the time comes (only 6 days left)

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views