Mexico surgeries for real?

chunkeymonkey99654
on 6/4/11 4:27 pm - wasilla, AK
 Hi My name is Mellissa. I am a lil over a month post op and my surgery was in Tijuana, Mexico. In my opinion, the best Dr. is TJ is Dr. Ramos Kelly. He is the best. The care I recved there was second to none and I had a coordinator from Ca. who walked me through everything and helped me arrange my payment and travel and surgery date. This experience was everything I hoped it to be. I had catered service from the get go, it is well planned out and your treated like family. The surgery there was 5000 now, my fee was 5300, and it includes everything except airfare. Your spouse can stay in your room and sleep there in their own bed next to you and meals are included for him as well fro free. They have a driver who picks you up at the airport and transports you to the hops as well as to the hotel and the airport again when you leave. Dr. Kelly and Dr. Romero, who tends to your aftercare, are wonderful and very experienced. I had a wonderful experience there and recommend them 100%. I know nothing of these other Dr.'s but like I said these individuals are great. You can expect to be seen by them at least 8 times before you leave and while at the hotel re-cooping, Dr. Kelly will go and see you there as well. Who does that???

No one I know over here in the US!!! Don't pass up a wonderful opportunity, do your research and go with who you feel most comfortable. if I had to do it all over again, I would still choose Dr. Kelly, every day of the week!! 
My coordinator is sandy and she can advise you as well on what to expect from this tam and discuss finances and travel to Mexico. she can be reached at :  alighterme.com

Don't let others sway you away, it is not a scam, I am a real person and another one of my friends on my profile is just 1 week out from having surgery with Dr. Kelly and is doing great!!! One last thing, my husband was a sceptic about mexico, until he met Dr. Kelly!!! And that is saying something!! lol Check out my blogs and my review on Dr Kelly & my surgery. 

Take Care. Best wishes!!

Mellissa 
~Happiness is just around the corner~

jovigirl88_1970
on 6/4/11 4:45 pm, edited 6/4/11 4:47 pm - IL

Hello I have chosen Dr. Kelly for my surgery.  I'm so glad to see positive feedback on him.  My sleeve procedure is going to be in July and your blog helps ease my nerves a little about going to Mexico.  Thanks!

chunkeymonkey99654
on 6/4/11 5:18 pm - wasilla, AK
 oh your soooo welcome!! I adore Dr. Kelly!! Check out my pics. he is the sweetest Dr. ever, wish I could of packed him in my suitcase and replaced my prim care giver in the US!!! For real!! Your in excellent hands! KIT!! And best of luck! Read my blogs, it'll help, especially the ones while I was there! in mexico.  Ask me anything you like. Take care. Mellissa 

I'm a lil over 1 month post op and am down 26 lbs.  YAY!!
 Mellissa 
~Happiness is just around the corner~

KIMMYEGG
on 6/4/11 8:28 pm - DES MOINES, IA
Hi..I am one month out from dr Jose Rodriguez..all went perfect. You have to do your research and just like American Drs there are and will continue ti be complications sometimes. Most people on this board have had positive ones, and yes, there are a few that didin't.
Kimmy..xoxo             
Heidi V.
on 6/4/11 9:01 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Hi Cathi,

I had my surgery done on May 2nd in Puerto Vallarta with Dr Joya. He was absolutely fantastic. I did tons of research though. I spent hours of sleepless nights on the net researching doctors in Mexico. By the time I got to my surgery date, I wasn't nervous at all; I knew exactly what to expect. There are tons of surgeons in Mexico, all whom are excellent at what they do. For example; Dr Aceves, Dr Alvarez and Dr Kelly all have wonderful feedback from their patients and all hve a wonderful bedside manner. My surgeon has had no fatalities to date. I figured after doing thousands of procedures, he would be pretty proficient at what he does. As for the deposits, most Mexican surgeons will have a coordinators office in the US. I wouldn't go through an agency, but through these offices instead. There, you can have direct contact with your surgeon.

If you need more info, I suggest you get Dr Alvarez book (Successful Weightloss with the Gastric Sleeve), which is advertised on this site. You can also email me [email protected].

Good luck.

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

dec721
on 6/4/11 9:42 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Tons of us here have gone to Mexico, and 99.9% of us had marvelous experiences!  I had an excellent experience with Dr. Alvarez and recommend him heartily.  Dr. Joya and Dr. Aceves are the two other big-name excellent surgeons, but as you can see from the above posts, there are more and more doctors doing top-notch work.  Just continue to do your research.  Best wishes on your journey :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

walmartian
on 6/4/11 10:54 pm
I'm another who absolutely loved Dr Kelly and his team. It is NOT a scam, they will not steal your money, you will get wonderful alttention; I could not be happier with the care I recieved and the results. Dr Kelly is as good or better than most US surgeons, I am sure, as are probaly the other reputable Mexican surgeons. They certainly do far more procedures and so have a lot more experience.

Remember, there is risk involved anytime and ANYWHERE anesthesia and surgery are going on, and there isn't a doctor alive who hasn't had patients with complications, unless they are very new. The complication risk is about the same in MX as US. And remember, we are already high risk due to our obesity, which makes it even more amazing to me that the vast majority of VSG patients do so well!

I won't put myself on Youtube, but I have let several OH posters call me at my home--if that would make you feel bettr, PM and I'll give you the number, and you can ask whatever you want to about the whole thing.

Marie B.
on 6/4/11 11:58 pm - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
I used Dr. Alvarez ( endobariatric.com ). I had a great experience.  No problems at all.  He's terrific.  I booked directly through his office, no third party stuff.  You can read my blog.  I work in a large US teaching hospital with a bariatric program, but I really think I got better care with Dr. Alvarez.  Just my opinion.  Do your research, don't make the decision just on price.  Check out the surgeons credentials and experience.  Keep in mind that any surgery has risks, whether in the states or in Mexico.  Chose someone with lots of experience.  Best wishes.
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

Heather T.
on 6/5/11 12:42 am
I had my surgery with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana 12 days ago.  I used an American Coordinator and that is where I sent my money.  I had absolutely NO issues.  Dr. Kelly and his whole team were fantastic---I received great care.  I brought a friend with me and she was so impressed with the care that she said when she wants to have the procedure she knows exactly where she is going to go.  (I am a RN and my friend is a LPN and we both thought the care was top notch)

If you have any further questions PM me, I will be glad to answer any or just talk. 

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

Monica W.
on 6/5/11 12:47 am - TX
Been to Tijuana twice Dr.Huacuz  2007 lap-band, 2011 revision to VSG. Not a scam very nice professional people.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views