Mexico surgeries for real?

A911Angel
on 6/5/11 12:52 am
 Hi Cathi,

I had my VSG in Mexico on May 10th, 2011.  I went through www.Belite.com ask for Jessica.  I had  NO PROBLEMS!!  I'm doing very well and had no complications.  A patient facilitator will be there with you and anyone else who is having the procedure.
Tell them Holly Milnes sent you.  A driver picks you up at the airport and the instructions for everything are clear and easy!!

Hope this helps,

Holly

ohmeohmy
on 6/5/11 6:04 am
Dr. Aceves!
My VSG Journey videos http://www.youtube.com/user/nanananner
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/ohmeohmy/uzone,blog/action,view/blog_id,321166/
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
mocoso65
on 6/5/11 6:17 am
i went to dr rodriguez in jaurez mexico and everything went fine. the hospital is huge and is a real hospital. he has over 3000 vsg with 0 deaths and a 2% complication, i was also able to finance with 4500 down and 200 a month for 17 months using Ishie from beliteweight she is wonderful. i would not hesitate to use them, because yes it is a major surgery. you will stay 3 day there and checked on very closely. i was scared to death all the way up to the operation but they are very professional and make you feel at ease.anyways good luck with your search.  
baydoll
on 6/5/11 10:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
I had my surgery in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on January 8 of this year. It was an incredibly positive experience and i would recommend it highly. I booked through medicaltourismco.com and everything went without a hitch. My surgeon is not one of those guys who advertizes and I was not prepared to go to a Mexican "border town". My surgery was done at a small private hospital. My doctor's practice is based in Guadalajara but he will go to Puerto Vallarta on weekends if you want your surgery there. We went to a tourist area and we booked a week at an all-inclusive so I had a couple of days there after my surgery before we travelled home. If you have any questions, please contact me.
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 12:52 pm - CA
Nope, not a scam. I went there twice! Once for a lapband, and once to have lapband removed and VSG done. I did not go through an American company. I went straight to the Doctor's site and they gave me a coordinator. Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.
Pattie_M
on 6/6/11 3:33 am - TX

Not a scam at all.  I went with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali and was sleeved in a hospital where I had excellent care. 

Just do your research, email other people, read their posts, call and talk to the doctors coordinators and you will make your decision.

Best experience in a hospital I've ever had.  I'll be eleven months out on the 26th of this month and I've never felt better.  I've lost 120 lbs, am at goal and take no medications.

Blessings,

Pattie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views