Seeing a friend from HS tomorrow...so embarrassed.

KSqtpie
on 6/7/11 2:21 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
My childhood friend whom I havent seen since my freshman year of HS called me out of the blue this evening. She is passing through town and wants to go to lunch tomorrow. I am excited to see her, but she is gorgeous and I am...well....fat. I was never skinny growing up (I was probably 150 my freshman year), but I have balloned up to 230 lbs since then.

I just want to hide under a rock! Can I please borrow a time machine so I can flash forward about 18 months so I can see her when I am at my goal weight? I hate that I have to wait 6 months for this surgery. I have gone through my entire closet and I have NOTHING cute to wear. I am sad that the only thought in my head is "how can I get out of going to this lunch?" I want so badly to start LIVING!!!
sandycnv
on 6/7/11 2:26 pm - Clayton, CA

I have been feeling the same way.  I want to postpone everything.  I want to re-do our vacation to Disneyland and Hawaii after I am at goal.  I completely understand.

I would just say that you can't put your life on hold for surgery.  Trust me I have been waiting almost a year.

Just think of how shocked she will be next time she sees you.

Be proud. 

Sandy
Rekeca
on 6/7/11 2:30 pm - NC
Oh I so feel you, that is why I am refusing to go to my 20 year class reunion. 

felicity2u
on 6/7/11 2:41 pm - LA
She is your friend and she called you obviously because she wants to spend time with you and sounds like a pretty great friend.  Hopefully, if she is as good of a friend as some of mine are, they have seem me at different weights and still love me for who I am.  Go, have a great time and enjoy this time with your friend and at least now she will see you and then hopefully see you after your surgery and see how far you have come!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 5:12 pm
I agree with felicity2u.  Just go and enjoy yourself.  She wants to see you and visit with you.  ALl of us have "stuff"... we think everyone looks only at our worst things.  But, so many people want and need a friend nowdays, I would hate to see you and her miss out on being connected again because of "stuff" that just doesn't really matter.

Next time you get together, you will be smaller.  But, big or small, YOU are still SOMEBODY.

wert
on 6/7/11 5:26 pm - MN
For all you know, she's changed a lot, too. Maybe she's aged badly and looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet. You just never know. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

SassyItalian
on 6/7/11 7:06 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I can so relate with you. I hid from friends from HS for almost 10 years, moved back home and didnt want to go anywhere public. All I can say is try and enjoy yourself, know you are not alone, and be comforted in the fact that things will soon change! If you are interested check out one of the last posts on my page, its about this exact thing..

chin up!
xo
Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

stephany48463
on 6/7/11 9:54 pm
I totally understand. I skipped my 10 year high school reunion because it was 4 weeks after surgery and I was so fat and I couldnt eat. But then I looked at the pics and really regret not being there to hide from the camera, cause guess what I wasnt even close to being the only one that got fat! So now I am in the process of getting together an elementary school reunion!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
jengo1971
on 6/7/11 10:39 pm
I can so relate with your entire post.  I live in a small town where I graduated and in the past have refused to go anywhere around here in fear of running into someone from school.  One of my main goals when having VSG was to live life once again.  Go enjoy  lunch with your friend, she/he won't care what you look like.  Our true friends (past/present) never have.  Hugs........Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
MistyM
on 6/8/11 1:04 am - Eufaula, OK
VSG on 06/26/12
I totally understand. I am doing my 6 month diet too, and yesterday my husband decides we need to go to the lake and meet up with some friends,including my bestie from high school. I didn't want to go,because I knew I would be wearing big tshirt and mens swimming shorts,while everyone else was wearing their cute swimsuits. I went anyways and tried to focus on having on a good time.

Month 1= 19#     Month 2=11#    Month3=8#  Month 4 =10#

Most Active