How much lost vs How much to go !!!

BriarRose
on 6/11/11 1:42 am
I find it interesting how people chose to make their Health Tracker --

Some define clearly how many pounds LEFT they have to get to goal;

While others define how many pounds they have lost ! 

And some do both.

I have listed how many pounds I have lost.  Quite frankly, I never wanted to examine just how many pounds I needed to lose -- it just was too overwhelming for me ! Instead, I chose to celebrate each and every ounce lost !!!  Today for the first time, it hit me.  That tracker was really on the right side of the half way mark.  I considered how far I have come.  I wondered how much more I needed to lose.  I did some higher math (well, just subtraction really !) and HOLY ****
I"m only 41 pounds away from my goal !!!!

when in the heck did that happen ???!!!

So, are you a how many pounds have I lost person,   or   a how many pounds to go person ?
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
lucy2e
on 6/11/11 1:57 am - Laurel, MD
I am totally a how many have I lost kinda girl (the number to lose is just too big, seems overwhelming at this point.  Now when I get 1/2 way, I think I will do 2 tickers - 1 lost and 1 to go - that way its double gratification!

Great post - thanks for making me think about why I do those crazy things I do!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Paige V.
on 6/11/11 1:59 am - Gainesville, FL
neither yet, because I just dont want to put my weight out there yet (I know I know-yall have all been where I am but still!) But I will totally be a how many pounds lost kinda gal.
fattofabinfeb
on 6/11/11 2:08 am
I like to see both.  What I've lost to show me how well I've been doing and what I have to go to keep me motivated.  As of this AM I am 50/50.  Orshould I say 40/40. 

Nita G.
on 6/11/11 2:17 am
 I was a 'how many pounds lost' gal, until my 'pounds to go' got to a manageable number, that I thought I might actually successfully lose. Then I added the second ticker.

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

sianabob
on 6/11/11 2:31 am
I am lazy, I didnt want to have to figure out on my own how much more I had to loose.. I have enjoyed watching it go down and the other number go up.. I remember when they were opposite and I felt like I was never going to get there.. and now I am like whoa, where'd all that fat go.. lol.. plus when I was pre-sleeve I liked to look at the differences on where people started where they were now, when they had the surgery.. gave me an idea so now I can let other people look at my stats..

Valerie K.
on 6/11/11 2:43 am - Dearborn, MI
 God I fight for ever pound to come off my body. I watch every thing i put in my mouth stalls suck cant stand to look at my scale it does not move fast enough for me.

So I do not want to see how much i still have to go to get to goal. My doctor wants me lower than my goal he wants me as small as I can get before I have my tummy tuck in January. So I will be starving lol.

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

jackie W.
on 6/11/11 3:10 am - schenectady, ny
I am def a to go person helps me to stay on track,amd after you said that I am also  more on the right side of the ticker 21 pounds to go till onederland,wow!

KathyA999
on 6/11/11 3:19 am
I'm definitely a pounds-lost kinda gal.  At first it was puny and discouraging, but eventually it gets to be kinda impressive, and I love to see that number go up!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Suzi Lu
on 6/11/11 3:49 am
I like seeing both. Especially as the numbers shift to more lost and less to go!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views