3 week stall

daddysgrl
on 6/18/11 9:14 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I had a stall going for the last three weeks. i can't get the scale to move no matter what. I upped my exersice, cut my food intake and still the scale wont budge. I'm starting to get really depressed. Today I fell into my old habits of feeding my depression which of course made me feel worse. I just dont know what to do.........

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 9:39 am
Oh man, I know how you feel but are you sure that CUTTING your intake is best?  I had to UP my intake to break mine...
MN_Mama
on 6/18/11 10:39 am
Upping the exercise, good, but from my experience, and what I've read, raising your lean proteins and fluids and lowering or dropping carbs is better for getting the weight to start dropping again.

wert
on 6/18/11 10:47 am - MN
Increase your protein/calories a little bit. Not carbs or sugar, tho. I know - increasing doesn't sound right, does it? It could be your body is holding on to everything thinking you're starving to death. Give it a little more fuel and it could make a difference. 

Be sure to take full advantage of the OH search feature. I'll bet if you search "3 week stall" you'll find a ton of useful information.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Jenny C.
on 6/18/11 10:49 am
 When was your surgery?

daddysgrl
on 6/18/11 12:10 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
My surgery was April 13th of this year

Heidi V.
on 6/18/11 10:52 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
When I hit the 3 week stall, I shocked my system by eating something that had a little more fat in it. Thxxnext day, I had dropped 3 pounds and it has been dropping since.

Good luck!

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

njmom5870
on 6/18/11 1:03 pm
I think that if you are doing all the right things and measuring your food, the scale will start to move.  I had a stall that was over 3 weeks, I just kept plugging away.  Then when it started to move, weight poured off.  I'm talking a pound a day for 8 days straight. 

Be patient and let you body adjust to this new lifestyle.
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

September903
on 6/19/11 1:30 am
On the contrary you should probably increase your protein. I found that when I increases my protein it broke my stall. Perhaps for one day you do only protein shakes.... Cutting you meals only makes your body hold on ton the calories longer.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views