Slimies are the worst!!!!

LunaLovegood
on 6/17/11 6:11 am - WA
Oh my Lord, I am so miserable right now.  Apparently my sleeve doesn't want to eat Greek Yogurt with blueberries today, even though I ate it yesterday just fine.  I had about 1.5 ounces of chicken and then about 30 minutes later I had about two tablespoons of greek yogurt with two blueberries.  This amount of food would normally be just perfect!  But alas, about 30 minutes later I started feeling like crap, and started sliming.  And now I just had to take a break from writing to puke, great.  My first time vomiting since surgery.  Yuck.  God, you think you have this sleeve thing down and then it throws you for a loop.  I have had the slimies before, but only when I overate a little, and I have never vomited.  Ugh, thanks for listening to me rant, I actually feel better now, but I might have to puke again in a minute.  I hate the slimies!!!!!!

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Heleena33
on 6/17/11 6:21 am - Custer, WA
So sorry you are having a problem. Do you keep a journal of your everyday intake?
Just getting familiar with the pro's and con's of this surgery!
I always feel it is best from the lives of those who go through surgery!!
Hope your day gets better!!
LunaLovegood
on 6/17/11 6:35 am, edited 6/17/11 6:36 am - WA
 Hi Heleena, I religiously jornal my intake on Livestrong.com/MyPlate.  Others use myfitnesspal.com.  Until now, I have done very well and I can usually eat 2.5 ounces of meat or about 3/4 - 1 cup of soft food like yogurt or thin soup at a time.  I can eat tons of slider foods like popcorn, ice cream, candy etc. so I try to avoid them.  Until today, I haven't found any food that I couldn't tolerate but I have had the slimies (producing copious amounts of saliva) a few times if I ate a few bites too many.  Today is just kind of weird because these are all foods I eat very frequently, so I assume my sleeve is just having a bad day.   You will learn that your sleeve has a mind of its own and that its mind has the temper of a two year old on some days .  Overall, this surgery has been an amazing gift - I'm down from a size 26-28 (tight!) to a loose 18 and I (usually) feel great.  

KrisJ77
on 6/17/11 6:26 am - TX
That has happened to me 4 times since surgery - all from chicken.  I don't eat it anymore!! It sucks!! 

Brenda L.
on 6/17/11 7:34 am - Raleigh, NC
So sorry you have the slimies....pure misery! Are you sure it wasn't the chicken that gave you the slimies?
  Brendini                                                              
Brenda L.
on 6/17/11 7:36 am - Raleigh, NC
I have had the slimies three times since surgery and all three times was when I ate chicken. No more chicken for me!
  Brendini                                                              
Marcia B.
on 6/17/11 8:39 am - CA
I am new to this and scheduled for surgery on the 13th why does chicken seem to be an issue I love chicken :(
Elaine H.
on 6/17/11 11:13 am
I only eat Dark meat chicken or turkey and never have a problem as it is moist compared to white meat. I eat white meat in chicken salad because the mayo makes it moist. Most people overcook their chicken, so I never order it out.
I have never had the slimies or have thrown up since surgery Mar 21, 2011
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
_aprilh_
on 6/17/11 11:33 am - OK
I hate the slimies/foamies. I cannot say that enough. I too have gotten it after eating chicken, for me it was rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart (dark meat) all three times. I have cooked my own and even grilled it and ate it fine. I have had times when I have over eaten and came close - you know the extra saliva but without vomiting. I am glad you are feeling better now. I have attempted to never repeat the mistakes but unfortunately I have.
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

LunaLovegood
on 6/17/11 5:43 pm - WA
It's funny that chicken causes so many problems for people.  I eat chicken all the time.  I think today was just a weird sleeve day for me.  I'm gonna try more chicken again tomorrow, because without chicken I would have serious problems getting my protein in!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views