HOme and Sleeved on June 16th

Susan0714
on 6/17/11 6:05 pm - Kenner, LA
HI

I came home yesterday about 6:15pm..  I had my surgery Thursday morning at 7am, then was in Recovery until about 4pm (they were waiting on a room on the floor I was going on).  They would let my husband and dad come into Recovery every 2 hours for 10 minutes..

Just a little sore, and also just getting use to using those muscles again, I am having some acid reflux, so I am taking prilosec for that.. Crushed pill yummy.. LOL..

I have Lortab Elixir for pain, (have not used yet), and some was also given some meds for nausea.. My doctor told me out of all his patients, his sleevers and lap band patients, tend to have the nausea more thenhis bypass patients.. It has not been bad at all, I just don't remember a lot about the hospital because I had some nice drugs while there.. LOL.. I just used my PCA at times, not a lot at all.. I used it more because at times I would have a hard time sleeping only because I could not sleep on my back.. I am a side sleeper, and it was hard for me to sleep on my side at first, more because of the soreness then anything else..

I am going to try and walk outside for a bit today, I was out side yesterday watering plants yesterday when I got home..  I will try some milk in a few days to see how everything goes.. 

So, for my hospital experience just a little bit of nausea, not a lot  at all..  I get to shower today.. YAY.. LOL.. 

If anyone has any questions please fell free to ask, will try and answer as best as I can..

Susan

Bulldog80
on 6/17/11 6:12 pm - Macon, GA
Congratulations!!!  My surgery was on the 15th.  I've used some of the elixar, but not too much.  I mainly puts me to sleep.  A shower does feel great!!!  Do you still have a drain?
Susan0714
on 6/17/11 10:20 pm - Kenner, LA
HI Bulldog, I did not have a drain.. My doctor does not use them.. He uses sutures and steri strips.. My steri strips will just come off after a fwe days in the shower.

Susan
Pbell
on 6/17/11 6:23 pm
 I was sleeved on the 14th so I am a little a head of you... you sound like you are off to a good start... glad you are able to do milk... I am still on clear fluids till I go back for my week post-op appointment :)
Susan0714
on 6/17/11 10:21 pm - Kenner, LA
HI Pbell,

I can't have milk just yet they said to wait a few days to see how I do with it.. So just clear liquids with some added protein powder to them..  Congrats on your sleeve..

Susan
JUSTTAMARA
on 6/17/11 8:31 pm
 I have my surgery on July 13th.  It sounds like you are doing great!  I hope that mine goes that smooth.  Congrats

On my way!!

Susan0714
on 6/17/11 10:22 pm - Kenner, LA
Congrats on your soon to be sleeved JUSTTAMARA, I hope all goes well for you in your surgery and recovery.. 

Susan
felicity2u
on 6/17/11 11:00 pm - LA
Glad to see that you are home! Take it easy on the walking outside, we are having record breaking temps this weekend and dizziness comes on extremely fast the first few days of recovery.  Don't try to push yourself too hard.  Get in your fluids, walk up and down and air conditioned hallway, lol and get some rest! You will have plenty of time to enjoy this Louisiana heat when you are a few weeks out.  Talk to you soon!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Susan0714
on 6/17/11 11:38 pm - Kenner, LA
Thanks Angelle,  I have been walking in the house.. I was SO COLD in the hospital it was nice to have some heat yesterday when leaving..

I will definitely be getting some rest, I am very tired now.. I will be happy when I can think straight again, and not feel so blah..

Have a good weekend

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

lucy2e
on 6/17/11 11:16 pm - Laurel, MD
Welcome to the losers bench!  Sounds like you are doing awesome!  I was out of it yesterday so didn't message you - but here is the link about my post about my drain removal:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4400511/Drain-Out/#363 88401.  So glad you didn't have a drain!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views