5 days post op and cooked dinner for my hubby

ncteacher76
on 6/19/11 9:22 am - NC
I had my surgery last Wednesday and tonight I cooked dinner for my husband and son.  I grilled them porkchops on the charcoal grill and made them some rice to go with it!  Of course the charcoal grill smelled delicious, but it was not as hard as I thought to say "no" to the food!!!  I sat down with them with my seaweed soup broth and sipped while they ate!  

Lovin my sleeve!  So far NO PROBLEMS at all!!!!!!    

Daviegrandma
on 6/19/11 10:58 am - Davie, FL
Way to go.... Congrats... that sounds like a big step to me....

Megdrassil
on 6/19/11 12:13 pm - MI
 That's excellent.. i miss cooking so much!  My bf won't let me cook for him until I can be on a general diet again.. he's a darlin'

svelteNgorgeous
on 6/19/11 12:40 pm
That's awesome. Those experiences can still be very enjoyable. You'll be sharing in the family meal soon enough. The time passes quickly. I'm almost 5 weeks post-op and I enjoyed a fabulous BBQ today with family. I did most of the cooking and relatively little eating but thoroughly enjoyed the day. Good luck in your journey.
its4maya
on 6/19/11 2:04 pm - Cypress, CA
That's fantastic news! I am getting 'sleeved' tomorrow and am looking forward to the simple, normal things like cooking for my family even though I won't be eating. Smelling will have to be just as good as eating.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views