Day before surgery and this happens at work.....

kimshealth
on 6/21/11 11:12 am - LA
I went to work today to try to clear my desk. it seemed like the work never stopped. After lunch someone yelled my name down the hall "Kim, Kim, call 911, call 911. Curtis arm has been cut off". I picked up the phone and dialed 911 and I could barely talk. Our plant is right next a fire station. They were there in less in 5 minutes. Ambulance to about 10 and the police followed. During this time the other workers came in to get ice to put half his arm in. I'm surprised that this guy did go into shock. I work at a manufacturing company with lots of equipment and the is not the first  accident that has occurred. But the first one in my 7 years employed there seeing such a site.  They got him in the office and I did not know it. I walked to the other end of the hall because I heard a supervisor talking. Tears rolled down my face and they would not stop. The plant manager was holding pressure to what was left of his arm. It was horrible. I still had to work.... We had to shut the plant down until further notice. I am the dispatcher/ sales / accounts payable/ accounts receivable/ assistant manger etc etc etc. I could not function at all, but I had too. I had to call other plants to get my loads covered. And still left so much undone.

I hate that I am leaving them like this. I hired my teenage niece to answer the phones. I just know that I will be getting calls tomorrow evening after my surgery.

I just had to let some of this out. By the way my surgery is 8:00 in the morning....................

JUSTTAMARA
on 6/21/11 11:15 am
 Wow what a day!...  Just take a moment and try and clear your head.  You have a big journey ahead of you starting tomorrow, it will be hard but you have to concentrate on you.  God Bless and good luck tomorrow

On my way!!

kimshealth
on 6/21/11 11:16 am - LA
Thank you. I'm trying. I have not even packed. I know that I have make sure I charge up mu ipad and phone.

onemoretry
on 6/21/11 11:17 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
WOW! Kim, that is a lot to deal with. I am so sorry you had to be there for that. I know it won't be easym, but try to put in behind you for now, you have your health to worry about. Good Luck on your surgery tomorrow.
Rated5Scars
on 6/21/11 11:20 am - London, Canada
How thoughtless of Curtis!
It is you you're feeling sorry for right?

VSG Nov 30, 2010
kimshealth
on 6/21/11 11:36 am - LA
I hate it for him. My heart goes out o him and his family. I would not wish this on anyone. Not anyone. I had my mother that's a nurse at the hospital to check on him.  I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I was not in a accident. I'm just tired and I hate to leave job with all this going on. It's only 2 people that work in the office and that is me and the plant manager. He has not been there long so he does not know much. I did all that I could do. I'm still in daze about it. I just pray that god gives him the strength to get through this. I know that it's going to be a struggle.

Rated5Scars
on 6/21/11 1:10 pm - London, Canada
I'm sure you are genuinely concerned for him.
It was just that your OP and the first replies all seemed centered on you, not poor Curtis.
All the very best to you - I know you'll do well, and my thoughts are with Curtis.

VSG Nov 30, 2010
Susan0714
on 6/21/11 11:28 am - Kenner, LA
I am sorry Kim that all that had to happen today..

Prayers go out to you for a good surgery and a speedy reovery.. And prayers to Curtis and his family..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Laurie M.
on 6/21/11 11:38 am - KS
Kim,
I know this is a very confusing time after witnessing such a terrible accident. I used to work in a plastics plant and we had a young man lose his arm also. I was not there when it happen..it was the graveyard shift...but when I came in to work that morning they had just left with him to the hospital. I remember beingin  shock but nothing like the people who were on shift at the time of the accident. This young man ended up losing his arm..however, he did get a prothesis and did very well over time.  His attitude was amazing. I cannot honestly say if I would of had his courage or not. I can only hope so. Please go on with your surgery with a clear mind. Both of you will need each other as you both go thru process of change. We are here for you. Keep us posted.

Lynn5707
on 6/21/11 11:47 am - IN
Prayers to you and Curtis. Try and get some rest tonight if you can. Take care.
Lynn
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views