will I ever get out of the obesity range?

byebyeburden
on 6/30/11 12:30 am
I have been gone for a little while, we were on vacation and getting back into the grove of things has been hard.....but,

I have been losing and gaining 5lbs for a month now and it is really annoying me.  I have between 8-10 lbs to lose before I can say I am no longer obese; I want this so bad!  I hope my weight loss hasn't stopped, I don't think it has but it is so slow....I might have to resort to really exercising now instead of the 'occassional walk'; anyone else relate?
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

mylastchance
on 6/30/11 12:58 am, edited 6/30/11 12:59 am
I can totally relate......I have had many, many stalls along the way and have been this same weight for a good couple of months...uuggghhhh!!!  It can get frustrating but just hang in and things usually start moving again....
The thought of actually going out and exercising is just not something I can wrap my head around...???  LOL..........I replied to another post just a minute ago about exercising.......I don't like it but I know it is good for us.........well I also know if I was someone who was into exercising I wouldn't have been in this boat of being overweight..... I also know I don't ever want to go back to that life.....
I guess this is where I motivate you to go out there and push yourself,  watch what is going into your mouth,  get in your protein and watch the carbs........take your vitamins and fill up on fluids.....

Hope I can take my own advise......good luck to you!!!  and continued good losing!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

cattywompos
on 6/30/11 1:28 am

Personally, I think those BMI charts should be tossed out the window!  Even at my goal, I would still be considered overweight.  Heck my 15 year old son who is fit as can be is considered overweight by the BMI charts, he's 5'8 174lbs and not an ounce of fat on him.  I'm going by how I feel when in my skin, not what some dang chart says. Although, it would be nice to chart my BMI and it say normal or atleast overweight not obese :)

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Miss_C
on 6/30/11 2:01 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
I feel your pain, it happens to me every time I look forward to getting to a lower number. It's one of those blasted marker stalls and they aren't fun at all. I stalled at 201, then again at 190, 182, and 170 for a week as well. I always stall just before going into another number bracket and I hate it. 

I must admit though that my transition from the obese category to overweight came without my knowledge and it was such a nice surprise. I'm sure it was the 'NOT' looking forward to it for which I  never stalled and so I kept losing weight the whole month long until I got there. I think relaxing and just doing what you're supposed to be doing and not even giving thought to a goal is key to not stalling so badly. The same thing happened to me with my half way point, I didn't think to check when it would happen until I was 7 or 8 pounds past it...lol duh at me but I know for sure it would have been  hindered if I were waiting for it to arrive.

Look at it this way....The more you want it the more you're going to stall out. Just relax, go with the flow, exercise, drink your water, take your vitamins, take your measurements (if you ever started doing that) and try to not think so much about the goal any more. You're doing fantastic...56 lbs gone by march is awesome. I bet you're down a few many more since then too :). Good luck to hun oh & I hope you had a great vacation too!
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

OldMedic
on 6/30/11 4:16 am - Alvaton, KY
The ONLY way you are going to get out of your cycle, is to buckle down and follow your prescribed dietary plan, and your exercise plan, whether you are on vacation, or whatever.

You can't go back and forth between working your program and not working it, and expect to see your weight drop off.  You need to as consistently as possible follow your diet, and do REGULAR exercise.  Walking is fine, it's the ONLY exercise that I ever did (and I still do it).  I began walking as much as I could (which was 300 feet, one way, rest, and then 300 feet back to the house).  I SLOWLY built up to doing 3 miles at a time, 3 days a week.  But rain or shine, cold or hot, I walked every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from the day I arrived home from the hospital.

I have friends who can't stand the cold or heat.  So, they go to a local Mall, and walk there.  Almost everyone can walk.  I have severe arthritis, and walking is NOT comfortable for me, but my health demands that i do it.  So, even though I ABSOLUTELY HATE EXERCISE, I do it anyway.

You CAN do this.  You will make mistakes (we ALL do).  But you just have to redouble your efforts and get back into your prescribed program.  It doesn't take superhuman effort, it just takes a bit of self-discipline.

The sleeve is NOT magic, it is merely a tool to HELP.  YOU have to do the work, and you CAN do the work.

If a lazy old couch potato like me could do it, I am absolutely certain that you can.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views