So confused

amandagros
on 6/30/11 11:45 am
today is 4 weeks post op. I have not found any foods I can not eat. Up until yesterday I was doing pretty good. But I was talking with my boss who also has the sleeve. She is 6 months out. I told her what I had for lunch and she told me me I was over eatting. I had two small chicken nuggets smaller than a quarter and a waffle fry. (not the best choice but it was better than other mall foods) ever since then I have been second guessing everything I put in my mouth. She said you know you are going to stretch your tummy.  I AM SO SCARED OF THAT............. It scars the crap out of me.  Now I have no idea what to eat. for lunch I had 3 bites of a turkey sandwhich.  Small bites. I just don't know. I haven't lost anything in over a week. I don't eat ice cream or anything like that. Now I am second guessing if I am confusing hunger and acid reflux.  HELP...

Thanks so much for listening.
Elaine2
on 6/30/11 11:57 am, edited 6/30/11 12:03 pm - Atlanta, GA
It doesn't sound like you're eating too much to me....but I would have suggested you might be selecting the wrong things. Chicken nuggets and waffle fries are...fried and carb loaded!! If you have to do fast food in a mall, what about the Wendy's chili or the grilled chicken from a sandwich or salad.

Instead of the turkey sandwich...what about a turkey roll up...cold meat turkey with a piece of cheese and a strip of veggie in it.

You might want to look at some of the posts under What are you eating today? for some ideas.

Edited to add - At 4 weeks, should you be on regular solid foods yet? I didn't realize your surgery date when writing the above.   Hopefully, your surgeon or NUT gave you some guidlines---take a look at those or talk to your NUT also.

LittleMissSunshine
on 6/30/11 12:00 pm
Were you given any post-op diet guidance from your surgeon or a nutritionist?  That should help you get a feel for portion sizes at this stage of the game.  I'm just a week and a half ahead of you and on pureeds, the most I have at any meal is 4tbsps (2oz) and it's typically protein only.  Aside from the veggies in sloppy joe sauce, I haven't had any yet.

Are you planning out meals at all?  If you buy what you plan to have that week and section it off into grab-and-go containers that you can bring to work with you, that will help you avoid the chicken nugget and waffle fry lunch options. 

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Herbie55
on 6/30/11 12:03 pm - MI
If you haven't already checked this out, you should. There is alot of information here, including food suggestions.
http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com

Heleena33
on 6/30/11 12:53 pm - Custer, WA
Thank you so much!  I was able to get so much information through that link!
I think it is a must for newbies to go there!!

Thanks again
Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

amandagros
on 6/30/11 12:13 pm
The chicken nugget option is not something I normaly do. I plan my meals most of the time.  I wasn't at work I was at the mall and it was the best option at the time.  My dr. knows what I am eating.  They are the ones who told me to add to my diet everyday. I always focus on protein. I eat my protein first everytime.  The problem comes in on how much to eat. I am weighting my food and I am not eating more than 2 oz at a time.  Just normal food. I don't want to under eat but I sure don't want to over eat. I am hitting 600 to 800 cal. a day and a good bit of that comes from a big protein shake I make every morning that I drink on all morning long.
Thanks for taking the time to answer me yall... I will check out that page.
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/30/11 12:38 pm
As long as you're staying within the guidelines your doc gave you, you're fine :-).  Did your boss w/ the sleeve have the same surgeon as you?  If not, then chances are the meal plan she was given was different from yours... maybe she was only allowed a few tbsps of puree at this stage, whereas you can have a few oz of regular food?  I could see where something like that would make her think you were over eating.

As long as you're following doctor's orders though, no worries.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal