anyone 3-5 years and maintain

katy
on 7/10/11 3:31 am
has anyone maintained their weight loss 3-5 years out from vsg
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 4:08 am
I am two years out and maintaining but you can ask this on the maintenance group board and you will hear from many people that are maintaining three to five years out.  I myself know a couple of people in real life that are maintaining at about four years out.  There are others that have gained some of their weight back, in almost every case it has to do with drinking your calories, grazing and eating more carbs.
Ms Shell
on 7/10/11 4:53 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm not...at almost EXACTLY 3 years out my brain decided it didn't want to play VSGer any longer.  Meaning I didn't eat protein first...in fact during the holidays almost my entire meals were nothing but carbs.  This resulted in a 20lb gain and it took me over 6 months to STOP my behavior.  Luckily in those 6 months I didn't gain any more (I gained the 20lbs from October to December last year). 

My VSG is still here and kicking and I am satisfied off 4oz meals of protein.  Since doing that I have lost 6lbs so far this month.

Your maintenance is 100% up to you and YOUR food choices not just today or when you get to goal for everyday for the rest of your life.  You must be willing to embrace that and realize you CAN have certain foods but not all the time. 

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

roundater
on 7/10/11 9:46 am - Lincoln, NE
Might check the maintenance board at this link - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active