Nervous Wreck...Sleeved Tomorrow!

Jamming-Fender
on 7/10/11 2:39 am
I'am offically a nervous wreck.  I'am getting sleeved tomorrow at noon and so nervous and scared about it.  I still can't believe its actually going to happen.  I had been fine not to many nerves, until last night.  Everything had been pretty positive but that little monster of negativity showed up on my door.  All the what if's came into my mind and Now I'm pretty nervous and actually scared.  I hope in a couple of days I can come on here and tell you all about my experience and how its going. In the mean time any Ideas or comments on how you guys and gals spent your day before surgery and how you managed to get any rest.  I haven't been sleeping to good. 

Thanks!!!
vjb1952
on 7/10/11 2:53 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Hi there...what you're feeling is fairly normal, so no worries about that- just tell that negitivity to leave you alone!  I had a remarkably easy time with the entire process...I hope you have the same experience. You are welcome to click on my picture to read my blogs (I don't have them blocked)...I was so excited, and had a quite a group keeping me company up until I went to the O.R...it was more like a "dry" foodless party!

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery & a speedy recovery,  Viv 

vjb1952

Dawnie 88
on 7/10/11 2:55 am
i know exactly how you're feeling.  I was excited, but scared.  I wanted to back out and go home even as I waited in the preop holding area just before surgery.  The only thing that kept me pushing forward was because i figured the insurance company would probably charge ME for everything they've already done at the hospital..if I walked out..LOL 

I am so happy that I stayed, and went through with it.  Just think of how much healthier you are going to..and how much better you are going to feel.  You may have a few rough weeks..it is surgery after all..but it is the best thing you can do for yourself, and those you love.

Try and think of all the positives...and keep pushing forward   You won't be sorry!!

No More Spanx
on 7/10/11 3:01 am - Rock Island, IL
I know what you mean...I felt the very same way.  Terrified.  I knew my decision was the right one and so armed with the knowledge that I would be afraid and would definitely question my decision afterward, I did what any determined, mobidly obese and single unhealthy mom of two would do.  I set my eye on the prize, flew to Mexico alone, and let them take out 85% of my stomach.

It is OK to be fearful but don't worry, it is not nearly as bad as you are imagining.  Your first three days are the hardest and as long as you follow your doctor's plan to the T, you will feel better and better every single day!  It is soooo worth it.  I have lost 32.5 pounds in 40 days, with virtually NO HUNGER, and am nearly back to myself.  I have heard of some folks getting something from their Doctor's to calm their nerves and for sleeping, perhaps you could do the same.

You will do great...remember to sip your water, walk for the gas, and give your body a rest when it needs it. 

Best wishes and a speedy recovery! You are only one day away from living the life you have always imagined.

Ann

HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

lindym
on 7/10/11 3:06 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with
i know exactly how your feeling as i was a wreck the night before surgery. Once you get to the hospital you will probably calm down, I know I did because you start to realize your in really good hands and it will make you feel better. Keep yourself busy today doing something you enjoy to take your mind off it for a few hours. Best wishes for your speedy recovery...can't wait to see you on the losers bench!

ruggie
on 7/10/11 3:50 am - Sacramento, CA
I was the same way, and I'm not even a week past night, and I'm still really glad I did it. 

Sure, the hours before the surgery, I was a bit crazy, I think I tried reading and hit "refresh" on Obesity Help 1000 times or so.  It's ok to be a little crazy the night before.  I was in a hotel room, so that helped to change things up some; you could always check into a hotel room the night before, even if you don't need to, so it feels like someplace differenent.

Good luck!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

roundater
on 7/10/11 9:13 am - Lincoln, NE
If it goes like mine you have nothing to worry about. Mine went smooth as silk with minimal pain gone in two days 30 days out feel great and returned to my preop level of activity. Let us know how it goes and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

Helen S.
on 7/10/11 9:15 am - TX
 Yep, just like you, and everyone else *****sponded, it gets too REAL when the surgery is right there on you.  I think most people would say they felt exactly like you do. I know I did! But here we all are saying we are soooooo happy we went through with it and it is the best thing we've ever done for ourselves. You'll feel the same way too! The doctor and nurses will take good care of you and you'll be home soon saying the same thing we are saying. :) Stay strong and get ready for your new improved life! :)
GarnetGirl
on 7/10/11 9:44 am - Houston, TX
It is totally normal to be nervous.  Take each day at a time in the hospital. 

Focus on recovery after surgery...the hospital will take care of anything you need and ask
questions and/or call your surgeon. 

Ask questions and speak up about anything...

You will be getting rest in the hospital and at home...I'd say the first two weeks need to be about recovery and getting up and going when you can. 

Follow all of the post-operative instructions.

Congratulations on taking care of you!

GarnetGirl

cancelsbronx
on 7/10/11 10:54 am - Stamford, CT
I am in the same boat, my surgery is Tuesday.  Try and relax and don't get stressed out.  Make sure you follow your surgeons instructions before and after and you should be fine.  Good luck and let us know how things are going.

Santos in Bronx, NY

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views