6 month Surgiversary and the Death of My Best Friend (Pics Included)

DragonGirl
on 7/11/11 8:12 am - MN
Hi Everyone!
6 months have gone by and I'm giving you this update with very mixed emotions. My best friend since we were 3 and 4 years old passed away July 1st. His Sister and I met on the head start bus when we were 4 years old. He was more than a friend, he was my Brother. His family helped shape who I am today, he was my prom date, my Son's Godfather and the three of us were inseperable.
 He was overweight and had comorbidities. He had severe sleep apnea and went to bed and didn't wake up. He didn't wear his mask that night. If you're reading this and on the fence about surgery PLEASE take action before it's too late!!! If you had the surgery, you know you saved your own life.

This journey has been amazing for me. My labs are great, my energy levels are through the roof, and I'm thankful every minute of every day I chose to use this tool. My nurse was ecstatic with my progress. I know I have more to go, but it'll come. I've met life long friends and have had so much support from all of you here...I'm a lucky girl.

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 7/11/11 8:19 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with

So sorry about your loss.  it's so hard to lose someone close to you ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

On a happy note though......Girrllll you are HOT!!!  Way to rock your sleeve!

Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
BJUpNorth
on 7/11/11 8:24 am - MN
I am so very sorry for loss of your dear friend. My prayers are with his family and yours.

Congratulations though on your 6 month surgiversary. You are doing such a great job. You look FANTASTIC!! Keep up the great work and you will be at goal in no time.

Brenda

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 7/11/11 8:24 am
I am so sorry for you loss.  But, I know that you were blessed to have known him and loved him for so long.  Now days, everyone moves around so much it seems to be easy for some to drop friends and pick up new ones. 
I know you have many wonderful memories.    I hate that he suffered from this mess that we have all dealt with.  For some it is hard to make a descision to get  the help needed so desperately.  All we can do is hope and pray that those we love will decide to get help before it is too late.

As for your photos, you are a looking gorgeous!  It is so encouraging to see someone succeed like you have.

Hugs to you for your friend, and for your success.
Rosie
I got my sleeve on March 14, 2011.  I love it so far!

obxhatteraslight
on 7/11/11 8:27 am - baldwinsville, NY
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I will say a prayer for you and your friends family tnt.

You look so much like my SIL!! I mean that in a good way. I wish you all the happiness in the world.
You look amazing, sending hugs your way Aimee
ccbelle14
on 7/11/11 8:37 am - Minneapolis, MN
Heidi, I'm so sorry for your loss.

On a completely different note, happy 6 month surgiversary! You are so rockin' that sleeve. You look fantastic - keep up the good work!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:39 am - LA
So sorry about the loss of your friend... I lost my brother back in 2003 (it had nothing to do with weight) and it still hurts, but it gets better. And I know it was painful to see him go knowing he could have prevented it. That's why I'm going to tell people what I've done in hopes that I can help someone. I've told two of my cousins about it, and they are both interested! I will be praying for you in your time of bereavement...

And now for you... You look amazing! Keep up the great work!!
Debber7714
on 7/11/11 8:49 am
Way to go, DragonGirl!  You not only dropped close to 100 lbs., you look like you lost 20 years!  Congrats on your weight loss, and I am sorry for your loss...life is full of changes, which reminds us to live each day as if it were our last.

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
roundater
on 7/11/11 8:55 am - Lincoln, NE
So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure your friend would not mind sharing his story if it will help save a life. And congrats on your loss. You look fabulous.
Rich Sonderegger

kimbethin
on 7/11/11 9:07 am - CA
So so sory for your loss.  I know you must have many happy memories to comfort you, but I'm sending hugs to help you through the hard moments.  You look beutiful, and I'm sure your friend would be so proud and happy for you.  Best wishes to you on this bittersweet day.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views