3 weeks out - eating enough?

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/13/11 10:25 am
I am three weeks out from surgery today.  Still get diarrhea on and off (working with doc to fix this) so at times struggling to stay hydrated.  But I drink drink drink all day!  Am able to get in 64+ oz a day now.

I am now on the pureed stage.  It's so hard to get in more than 400-500 calories.  I'm still supplementing with a protein shake everyday, otherwise I fall way short on protein.  But I am really sick of the shakes!  

I'm eating some pureed egg salad & tuna salad, greek yogurt, sugar free applesauce, cream soups, milk, cottage cheese.  It's so hard to keep the carbs down and the protein up with this stuff.  

Does this sound right?  I know I can add protein powder to stuff, but I need it to be pretty thin or I can't eat much.  And I detest the protein/whey taste.  Bleh.  Tried some pureed ground turkey & beef, but it didn't sit especially well.  Scrambled eggs were only so-so, too.

Am I way off track at this stage?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Erica77
on 7/13/11 10:38 am - MN
I'm on week 5 and I'm about where you are now. I was worried about my calories, but my nut told me Monday not to worry about that right now. That I need to just get my protein in and fluids. She allow me to move up to the 0 fat Greek yogurt with fruit added. But, I usually eat full fat dairy products. That is me though. I try to make a 30-35g protein shake a day and the eat the rest of my protein in foods.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Mom4Jazz
on 7/13/11 10:53 am
You're right on track. I'm 3 months out and still supplementing about half my protein with shakes. I'm at the low end of 3-monthers in what I eat but not off the chart.

I didn't break 600 calories a day until well into my second month.

You're doing fine!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

roundater
on 7/13/11 12:27 pm - Lincoln, NE
Agree with the other posters. One protein shake and the rest through foods similar to what you have. Usually miss the carb goal but cut down my calories with exercixe to under 800. Always make protein goal and fluids goal.
Rich Sonderegger

MediumSoon
on 7/13/11 3:16 pm - TX
Sounds good to me! I think you're doing great.

Most Active