Sybil

No More Spanx
on 7/13/11 7:38 am - Rock Island, IL
Sooo....I am 41/2 week out and feeling pretty good.  Still struggling with food itself and I decided to stay on purees one more week.  I also decided two days ago, Monday, to start taking Prilosec because I've been having alot of burping and my stomach is really gurgly especially after eating.  I had a few bouts of a stuck feeling in my chest  and throat too. 

This AM I drank my usual EAS Prorein Shake and ever since felt like I had a stuck or full sort of feeling right in my chest with a few pains to boot.  Not bad but weird feeling.  I am drinking another shake now and ever once in a while feel like it may want to come back on me.  Do you think taking the Prilosec without "true" reflux may have been a mistake?  Or is this something that happens from time to time?

I have named my sleeve "Sybil" BTW, because of the multiple weird **** that I deal with, sometimes nice sometimes hellish...you just never know...{{{creepy haunting music with demonic laugh in the background}}}}

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

roundater
on 7/13/11 7:55 am - Lincoln, NE
Congrats on your weight loss so far. I would say check with your doc if the symptoms still persist.
Rich Sonderegger

No More Spanx
on 7/13/11 7:58 am - Rock Island, IL
Thank you Rich!  I emailed Dr. A the same info as here (less the Sybil stuff).  You're doing great too!!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

roundater
on 7/13/11 8:24 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. May we both have a successful journey.
Rich Sonderegger

anewdayforme
on 7/13/11 7:56 am
I'm only a week out so can't really help you, but had to say I'm lovin' your sleeve name!  Too funny!!!  
MN_Mama
on 7/13/11 10:46 am
I was given omeprazole (Prilosec) right away and told to take it daily.  For the first 3 weeks I was told to take the time release capsule apart and just swallow the little balls inside, perhaps you might try that if you think it's the pill that's giving you grief.

When I get the stuck/pain/rock feeling in my chest, it's usually because I took a gulp of something, either too much liquid at a time, a too big or not well enough chewed bite of food, or a gulp of air with my pills.   I now put the pills in my mouth, take a sip of water and put them both in the back of my mouth before swallowing so the air doesn't go in too, but it doesn't always work. 

Keep on trying  the food.  It sure is easier to get my proteins in with meats and legumes rather than the shakes.   It will get easier.

Love the sleeve name.  Take care Ann.

hollykim
on 7/13/11 2:33 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
it wouldn't be a Prilosec situation. if your body doesn't need the prilosec it will just pass thru.

Most likely,you are taking too much in each drink. that is making you feel overfull and like it is going to come back. take smaller drinks and wait longer between each one.
GL,
H

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views