New here!

Brittany E.
on 7/14/11 11:32 am - Norman, OK
 Hello! My name is Brittany and I had a revision from a band to a sleeve on Tuesday. I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and I plan on becoming active on the boards because this is honestly what has gotten me through the last couple of days. Any advice for a sleeve newbie? I had my band for 4 years and hated every minute of it but so far the sleeve seems to be ok. 

Thanks! :) 
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
Jenijeni
on 7/14/11 11:37 am
Hi Brittany! I'm Jeni! Glad to have you in the forum. Congrats on getting sleeved! Don't have any advice that you haven't already heard (sip, walk, rest...). Hope you like your sleeve better than your band!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

IrishColleen
on 7/14/11 12:22 pm - Owosso, MI
 Welcome to OH VSG!  I was sleeved on June 28th.  Best decision I ever made in my life.  

Advice:  read everything you can on here, ask any and every question that pops into your head, and like JeniJeni said  sip walk rest and repeat.  

Things will get better very soon for you I'm sure.  Most people say the first 4-5 days are the worst.  Me, I had it too easy.  Until today when I ate too fast... don't do that!  

Welcome, welcome!

Colleen

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
maxie1
on 7/14/11 1:08 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Hi,

Im susan just had my surgery 6/6/11 welcome to the forum this place is great.   Alot of great information.

susan  

susan                                                                                                
roundater
on 7/14/11 1:14 pm - Lincoln, NE
Welcome. I was sleeved on 6/10. Hope your recovery is as smooth and positive as mine has been.
34 days out and feel absolutely great. Besides Joni's advice I have found that being as physically active as you can tolerate witl help in the recovery process and help avoid food cravings. You have been given the tool. Now it is up to you to carry yourself to a successful journey. Keep posting and let me or anyone else here know if we can help in any way.
Rich Sonderegger

Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/14/11 1:43 pm
Hi, there. I'm fairly new to the board. My advice is stay connected and the three (3) L's. Look, learn and listen. I'm sure others may have more advice but this is mine. Dont be afraid to ask what's on your mind. Cheers and welcome to the board! I have learned alot here. There are a lot of people from newbies to veterans willingly to aid you in anyway possible. Your at home and good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views