how long do the cramps and belchng take to go away

Shotard
on 7/16/11 1:06 am - LA
I had my surgery on Tuesday and everytime I take a sip of anything when it goes down it graps me and then I have belching.  Does not make it easy to sip sip sip!  When does this get better?  I am getting a little depressed..... ahhh
janine A.
on 7/16/11 1:14 am
my surgery was also tuesday and i had the belching and some gas pains they put alot of air in you so and it took time for me to learn how to sip my drinks i used a medicine cup and every 20 mins i took water and sipped it out of there now i am actually sipping tomato soup and i havent tried to do pureeds yet. give it some more time can u take gas x. was depressed the day after surgery i had buyers remorse but this is what i wanted and now that i see me loosing weight i weighed myself im feeling so much better
roundater
on 7/16/11 1:21 am - Lincoln, NE
It should improve in a few days. Like janine said it is probably leftover gas from the anesthestic. I found that being as physically active as your body can tolerate helps dissipate the gas.
Rich Sonderegger

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/16/11 1:48 am
Right around day 5 sipping got easier for me.  But please do keep sipping to avoid dehydration!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Sandy S.
on 7/16/11 2:01 am
I was lucky.  I just did not have those problems, but I remember my doc saying walking helps with the gas>  Good luck.  The crummy feeling gets better with everyday that passes

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
ugot2bu
on 7/16/11 6:09 am - Lawton, OK
I had my surgery on the 5th of July. It took me almost a week before they went away. You still will have a 'burp' here and there but nothing like the first week. Give your body time to heal and relax. It will get better

Starting my new sleeved-life on 7/5/11!

PEG

Shotard
on 7/16/11 7:57 am, edited 7/16/11 7:59 am - LA
Thanks everyone....I appreciate all your help.  I was starting to get depressed about it all but if this part gets better after a week I can make it!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views