Male VSGers Please Report.

Poodles
on 7/22/11 1:10 pm - TX
I would like to gather positive reports from male VSGers for my hubby.   You know... reports from his peers for inspiration. 

He is starting at a BMI of 44.4 and wants to lose 100 lbs. 
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

meemhull
on 7/22/11 1:30 pm - St Augustine, FL
He is very similar to my starting size and goal. I had my surgery 4-20 and I am down a total of 75lbs since my pre-op diet. I am 3 mos in! I have never felt deprived of anything. I don't have cravings I don't care what people eat around me. I am eating foods that satisfy me. You just have to follow the program. I do get hungry but it is easily fixed with something as small as a cheese stick or Greek yogurt. I have tons of energy and go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Feel free to message me with any questions.
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
rdd9348
on 7/22/11 2:18 pm - OR
My BMI was 43.1 when I started the program.  Between pre-op diet and post-op, I'm now down about 60 pounds and still losing consistently.  I'm shooting for about 100 pounds overall.  Before surgery, I really couldn't imagine eating as little as I do now, and had I been able to do it, I would have felt incredibly deprived.  Now, I'm not hungry, I eat what I decide to instead of everything in sight, and I feel much healthier and more alive.  I feel normal.  I CAN eat anything, but I DON'T.  I think I'll make the hundred pound loss.  Pre-surgery, there wasn't a chance in H*** that I could have done it. 
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
califsleevin
on 7/22/11 2:21 pm - CA
I'm in a very similar situation as you - I was a BMI of about 42 needing to lose 90-100lb, and my wife is a DS too (a little over six years out.) I had made some progress on weight loss in following my wife down the scale (part way) and have been able to maintain a fairly stable weight but hadn't been able to make much progress with basic sane diet and exercise. Diet composition was pretty healthy but volume was the main problem, hence the VSG over the DS for me. The VSG is doing well for me so far, having hit the 50% down mark at about two months out.

Good luck whichever way things go,

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 2:55 pm - CA
Yeah. What those guys said.

Totally.
Mr Mom
on 7/22/11 3:01 pm
On July 22, 2011 at 8:10 PM Pacific Time, Poodles wrote:
I would like to gather positive reports from male VSGers for my hubby.   You know... reports from his peers for inspiration. 

He is starting at a BMI of 44.4 and wants to lose 100 lbs. 
It's very doable!
I started out with a BMI of 56.6 (Super Obese) @ 406 Lbs. I've lost 129 Lbs since starting this journey. I lost 40 Lbs during the pre-op diet and the balance since my surgery on Feb 10th 2011. Not bad for about 6 months work eh?
The sleeve ROCKS!... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Paul11011
on 7/22/11 3:07 pm
XY chromosomed sleever here.  I had the sleeve on Jan 10, 2011 and could not be any happier.  If I was flexable enough to do a backflip I would.  As long as your hubby sticks to the plan that will be put in place for him, he should have no problem. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

frisco
on 7/22/11 3:24 pm

I have two balls and a putter......(think golf)

I started at a 53-54 BMI at 338lbs.

I have lost 190lbs. and been maintaining a weight of 147-152 for about 8 months now......BMI in the 24 range now.......

Here is my one year post.......Keep in mind I'm 25+lbs. lighter now

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4258382/Frisco-One-Year-at-GOAL-Scary-Pics-Included/

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

RW76
on 7/22/11 6:28 pm - Medina, OH
 Very doable, I am at 4 months out and down 76lbs since surgery.   My BMI was a tad higher at 52, but a loss of 100lbs should be very obtainable.

Pre Op: 415  SW: 390  Goal: 235 CW: 225

wildfan
on 7/22/11 10:07 pm
I forget my exact BMI, I think it was 59. I was 425. Lost 41 pre-op from March 20 to April 12. Surgery weight was 384, on April 12. Today, 3 1/2 months out, I am down 61 post-op for a total of 102 pounds, to 323 pounds. I've lost 16 inches off my belly (girth around the biggest part of my body), 10 inches off my hips, and am down from a size 60 pants to a size 48 (and they're getting loose), from a 4X or 5X shirt to 2X, and going strong. I rarely get hungry, and when I do a tiny snack like a string cheese or one piece of jerky will cure it for a few hours until my next meal. I get full on 1/2 cup of food consistently, and FEEL GREAT. I walk daily, I started roller blading (not pretty, but working on it), lift weights. I have my life back. This is, bar none, the best thing I have ever done.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views