It'll happen, right?

Brittany E.
on 7/24/11 3:36 am - Norman, OK
Happy Sunday! I'm 12 days post op today and am still on all liquids. I've lost a total of about 8lbs since leaving the hospital (or 15 if you include all that IV fluid weight) and haven't been able to exercise yet as it's too hot to walk outside. Once I begin exercising regularly (which should be Wednesday when I'm cleared to swim) the weight loss should be fairly steady, right? I guess I just feel a bit behind the curve for being this far out. Thanks for your replies and advice!
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
BriarRose
on 7/24/11 3:46 am
You are doing fine. In fact ~~~ great. Your body just had MAJOR SURGERY, and it is in recovery and shock mode. Stick to your surgeon's guidelines. Try to take a walk up the block early in the morning, and late in the evening. And just walk around the house, march in place, do something to move around as much as you can. This will keep you from getting stiff, and blood clots are still a possibility until you are 4 to 6 weeks out of surgery.

You are right on track ! It'll happen !!! It IS happening ! When you start to add up those pounds, it's amazing hot it happens -- just think 8 pounds in just over 2 weeks....when have you done that before ???!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/24/11 5:22 am
Happy Sunday to you too! Youre doing great. Here's to on your way to the loser wall of fame!
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/24/11 5:51 am
There's no magic number for what we'll lose after surgery or how fast.  Everyone is so different.  If you look at my signature, my weight loss is up and down.  I'm sort of bracing myself for a stall any day now.  Stalls are stops in weight loss and can hit anytime after surgery and last for weeks.  Just prepare yourself mentally and know that even if you hit one, you're going to lose eventually.  All in time!

I think 8 lbs in 12 days is pretty freakin' good!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

roundater
on 7/24/11 1:00 pm - Lincoln, NE
You are doing great!! Keep up the physical activity get in your proteins and fluids and watch the calories and carbs and you should be just fine.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active