I really need some help!!!!!!

dreamingthin1
on 8/3/11 5:10 am - miami, FL
Hello fellow sleevers.  I was sleeved on Friday and found out that I have blood clots in my leg on Sunday.  I am okay with that and am working thru it.  However, I can not get in enough protein per day.  I have tried all sorts of protein in the last two days.  Most I could not tolerate and the others have given me diarrhea.  I even have tried the flavorless.  Can anybody give me any ideas.  I really want to succeed.  

Frantom
on 8/3/11 5:16 am
I wouldn't worry about getting protein in if you're less than a week out of the hospital - I mean, I was still on just liquids at that time.
Unless it has something to do with the clots - lighten up on yourself.  You'll find the protein product that works for you (flavor, etc.) in good time.
dreamingthin1
on 8/3/11 5:20 am - miami, FL
So I should not worry about the 60 gram of protein?  Thanks for responding.  And no, the protein does not have any effect on the clots.
Frantom
on 8/3/11 6:00 am
Hell I couldn't get 60 grams of ANYTHING into me the first week!
Yes, it's important to keep drinking and protein is the most important thing - but it's only ONE WEEK, your tummy isn't even healed yet.
Personally speaking, take it easy - it's going to be OK.
cattywompos
on 8/3/11 5:22 am
It is extremely hard to get your required protein in early out. I fell short of my mark all the time until I was able to eat solid foods.  Just do your best.  I would suggest sticking to the ones that give you diarrhea as long as you are getting in your water and keeping hydrated.  Otherwise until you get to soft foods, keeping hydrated and moving is more important. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

dreamingthin1
on 8/3/11 5:24 am - miami, FL
Thanks for the reply.

jfab1978
on 8/3/11 5:23 am - CA
The first few weeks, your focus should be on hydration.  My first week, I could only get in about 40-50 ounces of water and 50 grams of protein... it gets easier with time.  Your new tummy is very swollen and won't be able to fit in a lot.  Take small sips very frequently.  Walking will help you heal too.  ISOPURE from GNC was my saving grace... grape flavor only. 

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench! 

dreamingthin1
on 8/3/11 5:25 am - miami, FL
Thanks for the tip!

Angela.62
on 8/3/11 5:42 am
I have to agree that you don't need to worry too much about getting all your protein in just yet .. styaing hydrated is the most important thing right now.  Do the best you can with your protein.. your stomach is still swollen and healing from the surgery .. it'll get easier as the days go by and you heal and can take in more.  Good luck!

SW 253 Surgery Date July 5th, 2011
Kelanore
on 8/3/11 6:10 am - MN
The first week after surgery I was not even allowed to have protein drinks (unless they were clear). I ate chicken broth, SF popsicles and SF jello. I didn't concentrate on protein until the second week.

I was also astounded about how much differently my body felt from day to day. Do the best you can. Make sure to get your water in and work up to the required amt of protein. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views