Surgery tomorrow... Freaking out a bit!

3sweetpeas
on 8/9/11 1:42 am - Tehachapi, CA
Holy heck!!!!

I know everything will be ok... Or I'd like to hope it will! LOL! I'm a worrier and am starting to have all sorts of crazy thoughts go through my head. All the 'what if's' GAH!!!! I am on water and Popsicles only today and I'm starving already! I didn't realize how much that meal replacement shake really helps!

Plus I have been feeling funky the past few days.. I better NOT be getting sick. My throat feels weird. And then I just saw another person was sent home from surgery for a high white blood cell count... Now I am stressing something like that will happen to me...

Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

DrHollywood
on 8/9/11 1:45 am - Harbor City, CA
Congratulations...  gosh   what a cool day to have surgery. There are a few of you
here on OH having surgery tomorrow.  My Favorite peeeeps too.,  and your one of them!

I am soooOOOoooo excited for youuuuuuuuuuu!   I have faith for you that you will be and
do fantastic.

Enjoy what is coming your way. I pray for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.

Huuuuuuugs

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

julyxo84
on 8/9/11 1:53 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 Think happy thoughts, you can do it, you're gonna do great! 
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Lynnww666
on 8/9/11 2:07 am - Canada
From my own experience (just 12 days ago when I was in exactly your position) to all the things I have read on this site, the immediate pre-surgery jitters are a completely normal part of the ride. No fun, but par for the course.
I can only say that you in a couple of days from now this will all be behind you and you will honestly wonder why you were so concerned. Not much help, I know, but it's so true.
Gargle with Listerine or sal****er to ease your throat and kill any possible germs, try to rest and get plenty of liquids into you today so that your body is fit to go.
Then just put yourself into the skilled and experienced hands of your medical professionals and soon you're on your way to a marvellous new life that you create for yourself.
Best of luck though it all.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

enchantedmommy
on 8/9/11 2:19 am - boydton , VA
Good luck to you ...i cant wait til i can make this post!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 2:34 am
I am sure everything will go just fine for you.
laurabelle2009
on 8/9/11 2:39 am
YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Replace every scary thought with a positive one. "I trust evrything will go well tomorrow!!" My  throat is jusst dry!! I think I will have another popsicle. When we get anxious our throat gets dry!! Take time throughout the day to close your eyes and deep breath and focus on your breathing it helps you in many ways!! So excited for you and good luck tomorrow, and will be joining you on the losers bench next monday!! Have a Blessed day!!
Kayseegee
on 8/9/11 3:30 am
Weel, 15 days ago I had syrgery. It took three days for my body to come back to life and now im down 28lbs! I wake up every morning and get on the scales thinking this day it will show iv gained it all back, its what always happened when I tried to diet before...I pray you will do great!
vsg4lyn2011
on 8/9/11 3:50 am
Things will be fine. My surgery is tomorrow as well, I'm nervous and anxious and excited, but not worried. Take a deep breath, watch many movies, take a nap, go get a pedicure, do other body maintainence (eyebrows, shave, etc) something to get your mind off of the surgery. I'm at chik-fil-a with my little one playing in the tubes.

Best of luck and happy losing,
Lyn
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 5:12 am - CA
Hey, good luck!  You are going to be just fine. Your new life begins tomorrow! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views