New kid in town (lookin for support)

kramerwithasleeve
on 8/15/11 10:08 am
Hey folks! Been lurking for awhile and now am proud to say I am a member! woohoo! ok so first a little about me

I am 24, 258 pounds. My highest has been over 300 while in HS. Had a bad breakup, lost a TON of weight by restricinting and working out 8 hours a day. Def not a lifestyle that could be maintained. Of course I gained back most of the weight.

Now, after countless attempts at diet programs and thousands spent on programs and pills I have opted for the gastric sleeve. i once believed that surgery was shameful, but now i know that its the bravest and best decision I could make. This isnt some light choice, this is forever.

Im currently waiting for my doc to be approved by Healthnet. I have Healthnet PPO. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks again for all of you being here and posting! its such a great motivation :)
shayla82
on 8/15/11 10:19 am - Pratt, KS
Sorry, no experience with Healthnet but wanted to say glad you are here!  It is such an awesome place that provides so much support and comfort.  You are doing a great thing taking this step, we are all here for you to cheer you on!!

40 lbs lost Pre-Op

janielynne
on 8/15/11 11:17 am
Hello, Welcome.   Yes it is true, this is a major decision.  I  would do it all over again. 
Sorry I have no idea about your insurance.   We are all here to help each other thru everything.
Feel free to add me as a friend, and talk more.

Have a great day..

Jane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views