CHEAP DATE!!

Delia Montalvo
on 8/16/11 1:11 am - San Antonio, TX

I was sleeved on July 19, 2011.  Have gone from 192 to 180 since then...although I consider it slow progress, my appearance has changed quite a bit...getting compliments from people just telling that they can see a big difference. 

My boyfriend picks me up for brunch yesterday and I when asked by the waitress what I would like, I asked for 2 over easy eggs...nothing more.  She looked at me strangely especially since I did not finish both eggs.  Then when we went to pay the tab, the price for my brunch was $0.75 each egg for a total of $1.50.   The waitress laughed that the tip was more than my meal. 

Delia Z. Montalvo
cattywompos
on 8/16/11 1:17 am
Yep, get that all the time.  Waitresses/waiters always look at me ask if everything is okay. I just smile, say yes and ask for a box.  Now that my hubby and I have both had surgery we really get the looks when we split a meal and still have to take home leftovers :)  I think that will be the way it is until we "look" like we eat like a bird.  It is also nice that it doesn't cost alot to feed us anymore.  Can't wait til the kids are out of the house, my grocery bill will be so little!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

betti
on 8/16/11 1:40 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Same thing here.  I've been asked several times if my food is okay?  A few weeks ago the server took my soup of the bill because I ate so little of it.  woo hoo.

Newrelease
on 8/16/11 2:20 am, edited 8/16/11 2:24 am - TX
I am in the same vote! My husband and I usually go out to dinner a lot when my son is away at his grandparents (I try to cook more home cooked meals as a family!) and usually to buffets, now that I am sleeved, we just go to single serve restaurants. I can not finish my meals which is a good feeling, and the waiter/waittress always ask me as well if the food is okay, and I say yes, just taking my time to enjoy it!! A couple of minutes later I'm asking for a to-go-box!! :) This is a real good feeling, being a cheap date for once!! LOL!!!

George B.
on 8/16/11 2:42 am - Miami, FL
Delia,

I agree, eating out is a lot less expensive with the sleeve!

George

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views