pain?

beckysuea
on 8/22/11 11:12 am
I am two weeks preop and my husband has asked me how much pain that most people have with the sleeve and I didn't have an answer.  I think he is asking because I had an IVC filter put in through my jugular vein today and he knew how freaked out I was but I came through that okay.  Right now after going through that I actually feel I can handle anything.

How much pain did you guys have with the actual sleeve.
Bulldog80
on 8/22/11 11:29 am - Macon, GA
I don;t know if you have a reference for a c-section, but my surgery was far less painful than that surgery.  I've had two of those.  I also think that mentally preparing your self makes it easier.  Continue to read on this forum and learn what to expect.  I was up and moving before the nurses even tried to get me up.  I started walking and getting the gas off and was feeling better in just 5 - 7 days and completely off pain meds.  I wish you the best outcome.  For me the pain was very manageable.

HW:250  SW: 218  CW:199.8   GW:150
Surgery date 6/15/11
mawmawpenny
on 8/22/11 1:29 pm - LA

I had no pain and no nausea. My family can't believe how good I am feeling. Never needed to take any pain meds. Hope your surgery goes as smooth as mine.

Penny

tripmom02
on 8/22/11 1:43 pm - NJ
 I had some pain, but my doc and the nurses managed my pain very well and sent me home with good meds. I only needed them on a rare occasion after I got home (usually if I pushed myself). It wasn't a walk in the park, but it was not the worst thing I have ever been though either.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views