Not doing so well

scentsygerl
on 8/26/11 11:26 pm, edited 8/26/11 11:54 pm - TX
I don't know what's going on... I am 5 weeks post-op and my weight loss has slowed. I only lost 1.4 lbs this week... Am I doing something wrong? It is very frustrating... I'm happy that I am losing weight but I would have thought that in my 5th week I would still be losing 3-4 lbs a week... not a single pound.
I don't want to say that I regret what I did (surgery) but if I am only eating 1-2oz per meal and I can't lose weight or have a gain... why did I have it done? I can't "enjoy" a meal any more and I still gain or lose 1 little lbs....

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/26/11 11:28 pm
Sounds like the normall stall that everyone goes through.  Just keep doing what you are doing, put the scale away and you will start losing again.  Keep your head up!  Good luck!
BriarRose
on 8/26/11 11:44 pm
WOW ! You mean you haven't had a week or two where you completely stopped losing weight yet ? Usually we have a week or two or even longer; at around week three through six or seven where our bodies go through a big adjustment and we stall out and don't lose any weight at all !!!

Do not worry. You are fine. Your body has to catch up with the very few calories you are consuming, and start to figure out what has happened.

I stalled out from week three to week six. Lost a total of one pound in three weeks. It happens from time to time.

Just keep on doing what you are doing; and one morning you will have dropped weight again !

Breathe.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
scentsygerl
on 8/26/11 11:55 pm - TX
Thank you!  I guess I'm just frustrated and I really don't know what is good or bad when it comes to this... 
Maggie71
on 8/27/11 12:06 am - MI
I am six weeks out and have only lost one pound in the last 2.5 weeks.  The difference is, before VSG I would have said, "screw this, I'm eating".... now I have this great tool that I know is working and I will be patient because it will happen.  Not always easy, I admit...but listening to the wonderful people on this board gave we awareness of what was going to happen.

I am losing inches though and trying on clothes that just last week couldn't get over my "a??" but now fits quite well.  Look for those kinds of moments and enjoy the ride.  We will get there.

maggie

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/27/11 12:11 am
Jan G.
on 8/27/11 12:51 am - WI
I am sorry you are so frustruated..but think about it.
Where did we think we'd lose consistently when the human body fluxuates all the time?

As long as you are following your food plan, exercising..it WILL come off. The brain/body is marvelous ..it knows how to figure things out.. and now its been traumatized with surgery.. anesthesia.. and now a MUCH smaller organ. The brain/body systems know to protect and try to balance itself out. 

Don't worry.. and please do not fall into "old thinking"..
it will only hurt your success.

Gentle hugs my OH friend, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

kathylibarrett
on 8/27/11 1:55 am
I had the same problem about 6 weeks out and then at the 8 and 9 week I lost 6.8 lbs in that time. So keep on doing what your doing you should be able to walk up and down steps know and remember drink your protein drinks.....Good Luck!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views