Even more of a decrease in appetite?

purplepeace79
on 8/30/11 2:30 am - Bronx, NY
 Is this possible?

I know the VSG virtually removes your appetite and makes you feel full almost all of the time, but something odd has happened.

From about 4 weeks out until a couple of weeks ago, I'd begun to get my appetite back.. or at least began to feel hunger, which my doc said was normal from the second month on. I'm 10 weeks out now and feel even LESS hungry than I did during month 2. Especially the past few days. AND, I feel like my capacity is less. Like I'd been able to eat 5 oz of yogurt with no problem, now I'm stoping after 2-3. I'd been able to drink 8oz of fluid, now I can barely drinkk 4oz. I have ZERO hunger or thirst, even after working out for over an hour. What's going on? Anyone experience this?

SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

tanieanie
on 8/30/11 2:49 am - WI
Hello,  I just wanted to say that I had the same thing happen.  About 3 months out I suddenly could barely eat.  After a few tablespoons I was full and I distinctly remember only being able to eat half of one of those little yogurts.  I am now four and a half months out and I still have amazing restriction but  can eat more of the soups and such but still only a few bites of heavy, dense protien foods like chicken.    Im not sure why this happened but Im o.k. with it as Im really never hungry but stil get to enjoy the little bit I do eat.   Good luck.  Tanya

purplepeace79
on 8/30/11 3:07 am - Bronx, NY
 Thank you for that response. I want to make sure I'm not totally alone lol

I'm not exactly complaining, but I definitely feel like I'm in danger of not getting enough fluids and protein, which wasnt an issue before.

tanieanie
on 8/30/11 3:15 am - WI
Just a hint that got me through.  SOUPS.   I ate alot of soups.   PROTIEN + HYDRATION!  = WIN    It does get easier.. I dont know why it happened at that point or why its resolving, but I do know its a rough time.       Also just to be safe call your Dr and tell him/her just to make sure he doesnt suspect a stricture/narrowing.   Keep me informed!

purplepeace79
on 8/30/11 6:18 am - Bronx, NY
 I've got a bunch of soups stocked up. I'm going to do that. I will bring it up to my doc at my next appointment.

MiasMommy
on 8/30/11 3:23 am
Wow I hope this happens to me too lol to ensure I get to my goal weight! Best of luck to you ;0)
purplepeace79
on 8/30/11 6:16 am - Bronx, NY
 It's not good though. I was already at 600 calories and I cant afford to go lower. My NUT told me  ineed more fat in my diet and potassium. This isn't something I'd actually "hope" for, yanno?

joeswife
on 9/1/11 11:14 am - CA
I am a newbie, having surgery in a month, can you please tell me what kind of soups you are using? I would like to stock up before surgery. Thanks a bunch

blakereimert
on 8/30/11 4:03 am - TX
Im 11 weeks out. I wish this would happen to me too.......... lol Im hungy all the time:( But i suppose its head hunger.....stinks...

Most Active