skim milk vs cream

MiasMommy
on 8/30/11 3:15 am
I allow myself one ice coffee a day with splenda. I usually get it withskim milk but today got it with cream. Now my question is what's better to get skim or milk? I know cream is more fatty but low on carbs which I'm very sensative to but skim has protein... so what is a better choice?
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 3:39 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

I have a few questions for you!

Which do you have more to "spend" calories in general or carbs in general?

Also, milk for protein, how much protein are you REALLY getting daily from your one iced coffee, and if you *do not* get those few from there, is it going to make or break you?

Some folks react poorly to fats (I am not one of them, but some folks do).

I have always used Unsweetened Almond Milk for my milky pleasures.  1 cup has 35 calories and 2 or 3 carbs (I get unsweetened vanilla, you cannot taste the vanilla until its actually sweetened).  I use almond dream brand. 

So.. when I want to know, which is a good/better/best option those are questions I ask myself

What does my budget (whatever I am looking at, carbs, cals, protein) allow for, what need does this meet, is there another option that would serve me better nutritionally?

I like to mix Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter Protein in with my coffee, although I recently got some Caramel toffee Fudge and Chocolate malt flavor and those are so good, I do a little coffee jig a few times a morning!  :}

Oh..ps, I can find the unsweetened vanilla Almond Dream at my local Wal-Mart for 3ish bucks in the fridgerated section.

Ms Shell
on 8/30/11 3:54 am - Hawthorne, CA
I have my coffee everyday with 2 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2.  I don't subscribe to the "fat" is the enemy so I'd rather have fat or carbs.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

hollykim
on 8/30/11 3:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Skim milk for .25 cup  27.5 cals 0 fat 2 pro 4 carbs

Cream for 1 tsp           29 cals 2.9 gms fat .4 pro .5 carbs

The measurements are not exact...couldnt find cream stats for .25 cup quickly  but you can get a general idea,me not knowing how much of each you use.

MiasMommy
on 8/30/11 3:59 am
Thanks guys for the input guys! I love that idea of almond milk must try that! For me personally I can't tolerate carbs if I even smell them I gain or stall so I try to avoid as much as possible.

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 4:02 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I like it, I even use it for cooking, like I say, you do not taste vanilla if it is not sweet.

I even make roasty veg cream soups with it.  I have tried other brands (like the silk) but the Almond Dream is my favorite.

Your tongue may have another opine!  :}
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views