MORE HAIR LOSS ????

CEEW
on 8/29/11 6:53 am
MY HAIR STARTED GETTING THINNER 3 TO 4 MONTHS OUT....................I'M 6 1/2 MONTHS OUT NOW .......AND STILL..... MY HAIR SEEMS TO BE GETTING THINER ????    I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN MORE VITAMINS...A LIQUID IRON SUPPLEMENT...............

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ??????... I USE TO HAVE VERY THICK HAIR.........

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/29/11 6:59 am
I'm so ready for this after reading so many posts about it.  Thankfully there are a ton of wigs out there for us ladies to rock.  I say go find a cute one in a wonderful color in a cut you have always been too chicken to get and ROCK the hell out of it!  I'm ready for some hair loss as long as the weight goes with it.  Stay happy and think of the positives. 

T
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
CEEW
on 8/29/11 7:01 am
I'M A MAN.......NOT GETTING A WIG..............

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/29/11 7:30 am
LOL.  So sorry.  Kind of hard to tell on here.  I think you should shave it off...bald men are super sexy!!  Again sorry about the mix up.
emelar
on 8/29/11 7:02 am - TX
Have you had bloodwork done since surgery?  You may just be in the normal losing phase (mine lasted for 4-5 months), or you may have a vitamin/iron/protein deficiency.
Patricia M.
on 8/29/11 7:02 am
It is normal that you will lose hair. There were 3 reasons for hair loss: 1. major surgery, 2. rapid weight loss, and I forgot the 3rd!!! I do remember that people with weight loss surgery met all 3 requirements. My doctor said that by 3rd or 4th month hair loss should stop and hair would regrow so don't spend money on expensive shampoos or treatments. I have a lot of hair but every single day I have significant hair loss. Right now I don't panic (yet) but I know it can be scary.
Kim_M
on 8/29/11 7:02 am - LaPorte, TX
I take Biotin it seems to be slowing down. Also scalp massage.My hairdresser has started a shampoo with message{for me I was the first customer to get this and I guss I was good advertisement Now i gt it once a week it might not help the hair but it sure fels good.

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
CEEW
on 8/29/11 7:10 am
I HAD BLOODWORK DONE AT 3 1/2 MONTHS OUT....IT WAS VERY GOOD ???

julyxo84
on 8/29/11 7:16 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 shave your head :)
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Carmelita
on 8/29/11 8:44 am - Four Corners, NM
Dude...gotta WAIT THIS ONE OUT!
thinnin slows by 6-7 months out

Regrowth starts at 6-8 months out. ...By about 9 months out...all them little hairs FILL in them blank spots!!

IF ya really want to HELP slow down the hair loss...KRILL OIL supps...or fish oil..krill is better tho ,-)

Go to MPB forums...them guys pretty much ALL supplement with krill/ fish oil, and they're hair loss is GENETIC!!  not WLS induced hormonal.  Omega 3s (essential fatty acids) inhibit the testosterone to DHT conversion that CAUSES HAIR LOSS in us WLS peeps  I'd go with ~3gs meself if doin fish...1.5 to 2 gs with KRILL!

My hair didn't STOP thinning/sheddin till I was 13 months post op! Around the EXACT TIME...my WEIGHT LOSS STABILIZED....hmmm

If I was a dude I wouldn't shave my head for this! hell no!
Genetics: male pattern baldness......yeah then  prolly!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views