Losing weight is crazy sometimes! (Kind of rambling thoughts)

cabcab
on 8/31/11 3:25 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep.  I decided to weigh myself after peeing and was 205.8 (down 1.2 pounds from the day before.)  After going back to sleep at 7 am and sleeping until 10:45 I weighed again.  And weighed 204.8.  I lost a pound in about 7 hours.  Sometimes it seems I can't lose that much in seven DAYS!!  And I bet tomorrow I will be back up above 205.  Water weight plays havoc with me.  I was a staunch believer in the beginning of only weighing once a week, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.  In September I will be away from my scale for a week and a half.  I thought about putting it in my suitcase to take with me, but it's not very light and I thought that all the movement might mess with the calibrations or something.  So I'll just have to wonder for a week and a half.  Hopefully I come home to a pleasant surprise.  When I went to Vegas I was there for six nights.  I did great with my eating, but drank LOTS of alcohol.  I came home and weighed the exact same as when I left.  So I never know what to expect.  As long as the scale goes up and down, but overall more down, I'm happy.

Sorry about my rambling post.  Have a great day!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

injeneral
on 8/31/11 3:29 am
I weigh every morning after I pee and before I shower and I'm always 225. I weigh again at night before bed (after peeing) and am always 227. Obviously I don't eat the 7,000 calories necessary to gain 2 pounds, and attributing it all to water weight just seems weird but that's the only explanation I guess. I'm getting maaaaybe 400 calories now, at 2 1/2 weeks out. I don't even know.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Ms Shell
on 8/31/11 4:58 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yeah I like to play with the scale, pee get on, poop get on and it's always a different number.  Also recently read that peeing is your body's way of getting rid of the weight (you know we often wonder where it goes).  Since reading this article, I notice that on the days where I can't stop peeing I'm lighter the next day.

When I leave my county my body holds onto every OUNCE of water, I've gone to Vegas for 3 days and came back 18 yup that EIGHTEEN pounds heavier, it's well MY normal =(

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Carmelita
on 8/31/11 5:53 am - Four Corners, NM
I've gone to Vegas for 3 days and came back 18 yup that EIGHTEEN pounds heavier,

That sure shoots "What happens in Vegas, STAYS IN VEGAS".....ALL to hell don't it!
Ms Shell
on 8/31/11 5:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
And worse THAT weekend I was being good, hardly any bad food, hardly any alcohol...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

cabcab
on 8/31/11 6:37 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Looks like I should be glad I went to Vegas for six days and came home weighing the same!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views