Weight gain then lost... Is this normal??

msleo64
on 9/8/11 12:53 am, edited 9/8/11 1:06 am - MD

One week post surgery I had lost 23 lbs then gained almost 2 pounds, was stuck there for almost 2 weeks. I have finally started going in the other direction, down  about 1-1/2lbs. I have been following post-op instructions, although its been tough trying to get the protein shakes in. Is this normal?  feeling really down about this process. Hoping I didn't make a mistake.   Please, any advice is very much appreciated.

Peace & Blessings...                
blakereimert
on 9/8/11 1:11 am - TX
Please search "three week stall" on this forum. You will find many, many posts about this. It is normal and the body's way of recuperating from surgery. Don't get discouraged. If you are following your doctor's and nutritionist's plans, you are doing fine. Its normal to see a large drop and then pause.

Hang in there.

mojomom
on 9/8/11 3:40 am
 Do you ever feel you could have your support for 3-week stalls on speed-dial!?    

Mojomom

cattywompos
on 9/8/11 1:39 am
It is absolutely normal. Fluctuations in weight are very common. I never count the ups only the downs.  Like Blake said...look into 3 week stall as well.   You have only begun this journey, you have alot more that you WILL lose.  Hang in there!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Pat H.
on 9/8/11 4:45 am
Had my surgery the day after yours. I had read so many posts about stalls I gave my scales to my sister and only weigh at the doctor's office for now. I would make myself crazy weighing every day. I log everything I eat and drink - that way I know I'm doing what is required at this stage post-op. Good luck and keep reading the posts. You will find lots of support and advice to get you through this.
msleo64
on 9/9/11 10:36 am - MD

Thank you all for your advice and  responses. It's what I needed to hear. this board is truly a lifesaver for me.

Peace & Blessings...                
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views