Scale Poem

MikeyMike
on 9/11/11 8:23 pm, edited 9/11/11 10:31 pm - New York, NY
The framed copy of this poem was given as a door prize at our last support group meeting. Unfortunately I didn't win it. But I asked the recipient to send me an electronic copy. It is meant to be hung up and read in front of you scale before you hop on.

Get Off The Scale

You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.

It's true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don't give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

From the Book, "Life, The Truth, and Being Free" by Steve Maraboli

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Daviegrandma
on 9/11/11 10:26 pm - Davie, FL
OMG.. Thank you for sharing that.. I hope everyone reads this...

rdd9348
on 9/11/11 11:37 pm - OR
So True!
Thanks for posting this.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Carly ~
on 9/12/11 1:49 am
 I love this! 
Thanks for sharing Jimbo!

So many people I know need to read this, whether they've had surgery or not 

sueannspencer
on 9/12/11 1:54 am - Carrollton, TX
Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing that powerful message.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views