Your favorite food scale???

bluehen
on 9/20/11 10:10 pm - New York, NY
Hi folks!
I am 6 weeks out and am starting to venture into soft/mushy foods.
I have made a few mistakes along the way but this is a learning process, right?
Just the other day, I finally had "real" food...small piece of grilled tilapia...and instead of listening to my body and stopping, I continued to eat...until the point of foamies.  Yeah...that was NOT FUN!  Anyway!
I'm looking to purchase a food scale...so that I know exactly how much I am eating.
Anyone have suggestions on which scale they like?
Thanks in advance! :)

julie
smbergie200
on 9/20/11 11:00 pm - Naples, FL
 I bought the one they sell at walmart. Works great. 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

tripmom02
on 9/20/11 11:13 pm - NJ
 I got this one from Amazon for like $15! I love it (and I love that it comes in so many colors!) 

http://www.escali.com//index.php?p=product&id=115&parent=8

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

denebbers
on 9/20/11 11:40 pm - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Hey Blue,

I've heard of the term "foamies" before, but not often. Can you tell me why this is happening to you and how we can avoid this in the future?

bluehen
on 9/21/11 1:01 am - New York, NY
Like you, I had no idea what people were talking about  but when it happens you'll know what the "foamies" are!  It's from either eating too much or too fast.  You start to feel ill and foam starts working it's way up from your stomach to your mouth.  It's really not a pleasant feeling.  So what I have learned is to remember to chew chew chew and take it easy.  Our meals, at least according to my doctor and nutritionist, should take us a half hour to eat...yes...even when it's just an ounce or two of fish!  :)
percheron
on 9/20/11 11:49 pm
Since I had a number of years on Weigh****chers, my mom had bought me the recent digital scale they had and it is awesome, because you can put your dish on the scale, then turn it on and it will register as zero, already pre-weighing your dish so you can put your food in it without trying to deduct the weight of the dish.  I really like it myself. 

1london
on 9/21/11 12:02 am

I purchased the biggest losers food scale and I personally think it is great.
Best wishes!

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/21/11 12:14 am
I have the same on as TripMom -- it works great and I'd highly recommend it.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
bluehen
on 9/21/11 1:02 am - New York, NY
Thanks everyone!  I will start my research w/ the ones you have listed! :)
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 1:03 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
The one l have is listed on my bulk food thread, girlie.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views