Premier Protein Bars?

kimberly_gr
on 9/24/11 8:09 am
This might be old news, but I was in Sam's Club today and saw Premier Protein bars.  I was pleasantly surprised until I read the label.

Although each bar has 30g of protein, just like the shakes, they're also almost 300 calories each. Yowsah.  Still I would maybe consider buying them to have 1/2 at a time, but I didn't want to shell out the $ for them if they're not good.

Have any of you tried them, and are they good?
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

novascotiadawn
on 9/24/11 8:24 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Love their shakes, but, they should give up on the bars

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

skinimini
on 9/24/11 9:19 am
I have not tried the bars, because of the calories and the carbs. I wish someone could come up with something edible that did not have so much carbs!! I was a little excited, too, until I read the label! I guess we need to stick to the shakes! I like them fine, though and only use about one a week,on days when my protein is on the low side.

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

nmscuba
on 9/24/11 9:50 am - kingsley, MI
Its funny cause I use to eat those all the time.  I too was in sams club today and was looking at the protein bars or should say reading them cause Im still on liquid right now.

But Pure Protein seemed to be the best, in that it has the lowest fat calories, they were not high in over all calories and the carbs were I think 17 if I remember right.  Figured if I ate 1/2 of one twice a day once I can eat snacks it might work out for on the road during the day.

I figured next week when GNC has their 20 percent off the first 7 days of the month I will take a peek at what they got if there is anything better or maybe just start googling.
Tony,

Surgery Date 9/16/11, HW 260lb. Currently 207 lbs, SW 241 Goal 190lb.  5ft 9.5 inches        
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 7:09 am - CA
Quest Protein bars are awesome and once you subtract out the fiber, they only have 4-6 net carbs. They don't have any of the weird protein aftertaste and 20 grams protein per bar. I believe there are 200 calories, but I just eat half for morning snack and the other half for an afternoon snack.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views