how long does it take for insurance to approve feds bcbs

katy
on 9/26/11 1:47 pm
current doctors offices sayup to 30 days but when I call insurance company the say there is no receipt of paper work for me. Ive been trying to revise from band to sleeve since july but have been seeing the doctor consistently for several years 6 to be exact. the doctors office says they(the insurance company wants to see 3 months of diet and exercise). i have had esophageal dilatations 3 times why do i still have this band which is tightening on its own as I am typing. the clerk that answers the phone is a twit
i asked to speak to a nurse today and she would not let me speak to nurse she took all my info called me backed and said the doctor could not refill my script that he gave me a month ago, yet 3 weeks ago  soon as i walked through the door for my fu appt, she( the twit) said the doctor said he did not need to see me that day and they would contact me when I was approved. I tried to go elsewhere but no on wants to touch me now that i have a band by another md . does anyone know a doc in illinois or midwest that will revise to a sleeve even if he or she did not do the original surgery
obxhatteraslight
on 9/26/11 2:05 pm, edited 9/26/11 2:05 pm - baldwinsville, NY
Sorry that you are having problems.  I am having some problems myself and I had my band removed in July 2010, it is like a CURSE.

I will keep you in my thought and hope for the best for you.
I have BCBS but not FEDS type.
CindyLyn
on 9/26/11 2:36 pm - Evadale, TX
I have Fed Blue and it took 60 days for approval.  It took that long because they required more documentation from my former WLS surgeon.  After I submitted the rest of the paperwork it took them two weeks let me know. 
I would give them 2 weeks and then I would call the Pre determination department and ask if there has been a decision yet.  I found out before my Dr did.  Good luck!!
The entire process from start to finish took me almost 6 months.  I had promblems getting my old records from my first surgeon. 

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

tdjf_3
on 9/26/11 10:44 pm
I also have BCBS Federal I started my process in late Febuary 2010 (first Dr appoint with PCP to even discuss WLS) and had my surgery June 7, 2010 I thought that was pretty fast.

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
loveandlattes
on 9/27/11 4:04 am
Hi there :)

I also have FED BCBS and was also told it would take 30 days. When I would call the insurance to check the status of my claim, they always told me they never received anything. It was very frustrating to say the least, especially when I knew it indeed had been submitted. But sure enough, after 30 days we heard back and got a response from them.

I would continue to call both your surgeon's office, along with the insurance to continue to check the status of the claim. At least once a week or two until you hear something. I know it might sound like a bit much but I suggest it because my insurance once faxed a response to the wrong department. We wouldn't have known if I hadn't called to check what was going on.

Good luck to you, I hope everything goes smoothly.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers

Most Active