post op 4 days.. i need some help on what stuff i can eat for my full liquid diet??

thatgirlwonder24
on 9/29/11 6:15 am
hey everyone. I am 4 days post op revisiion to sleeve and I get a quite of bit of heartburn . I also wanted to know what things I can eat for my full liquid diet.
Smardeepants
on 9/29/11 6:25 am
Did your surgeon give you a plan at all? If yes, I would follow it to the letter. (They are all a little different).

I could have...

milk
strained cream soups
SF/FF pudding
sugar free jello
popsicles
broth
protein drinks/shakes
crystal light/sugar free drink mixes
decaf coffee/tea (i like chai tea with milk)

Most importantly, get your fluids in. Your surgeon would rather see you low on protein and well hydrated, than too full from protein to drink and needing IV fluids.

thatgirlwonder24
on 9/29/11 6:29 am
thank you. He did give me a plan  Its just so limited .. Im getting tired of the food.
Smardeepants
on 9/29/11 6:35 am
Ah, yes. Boring food. Try to get the variety in while sticking to your plan. For example, eggface has great recipes for protein ice cream, and a ton of different protein drinks. (I love pistachio drinks, and the lemon merangue pie ice cream!)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/prote in-ice-cream.html

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-fa vorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Smardeepants
on 9/29/11 6:37 am
Also, wanted to add... if you're still having heartburn, you should talk to your Dr. about changing/increasing/adding a PPI to help control the acid. While it's annoying now, it can mimic excess hunger (no fun to be hungry all the time).

AllaP
on 9/29/11 7:55 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I live on Protein Shakes, greek yogurt and strained soup ( cream of mushroom and chicken). 
watchmenow
on 9/29/11 9:01 am

Strain some chicken and mushroom cream soup.  It tastes great!!! My doc gave me meds for acid and nausea.  I haven't needed them. Make sure you take something if you need it.

I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

Mr-Smith
on 9/29/11 10:48 am - Hillsdale, MI
The strained soups can be a life saver, be sure to watch the fat and carbs, make good choices. The Amy's organic ones are pretty good, I love the fire roasted southwestern.  I blend in the Ninja, add some tomoto soup to thin it, add some whey powder and I get a very spicy and tasty meal with about 18grams of protien, fiber and veggies.  Also find some unflavored Whey protein, add a scoop in to the unstrained soup so you get your protien in.

I can also have V8 on my full liquid.  I don't do full glasses, I do like a 6oz protien drink to get my protien in first and then sip on a 2 ounce V8 to balance my meal with some veggies.

Also try thinning the things with skim milk.  You should also be able to havel skim cottage cheese purred in the blender, thinned with skim milk.  Make sure it still runs off the spoon like milk or it's to thick.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views