Update and SV

Jete
on 9/30/11 4:51 am - Nashville, TN
Just thought I'd give a quick update. I had my surgery about 7:30 on Monday and was released on Tuesday evening. I'm doing pretty good, just a little pain on my right side when I stand and a little back pain from sleeping in the recliner since I can't lay down with that spot hurting yet. But no nausea or anything problematic so far. I'm getting my water and tomorrow I'm starting to work on my protien a little. I'm on full liquids, so at least there's that. I'm scheduled to go to puree next week but am considering holding off a bit to give my stomach a little longer to heal? Does that sound reasonable? I'm not really hungry or anything making me want to hurry it up.

I've been in a mini stall since last weekend after losing 26 pounds on my pre op diet. But today I finally dropped 4 pounds. That leads me to my SV, I'm under 400 for the first time in years. I'm now 397.6, my high was 473 and my prep weight was about 401. I just had to take a moment and share.

I'm planning to go back to work on Monday. Hopefully my energy level will improve this weekend like it has been improving all week.

Tak care.

Jete

tripmom02
on 9/30/11 4:54 am - NJ
 I was just thinking of you this morning, so glad you updated and that everything went well! 

Congrats on your SV! That is so awesome! 

You can take all the time you want advancing your diet, I had to do a full week of clear and two weeks of fulls, so I don't see any issues in waiting, since many surgeons even make it part of their "rules". 

Good luck, I hope everything keeps going as smoothly as it already is! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Happy Girl
on 9/30/11 4:57 am - CA
Congrats to you! Sounds like you are doing fantastic. This is such an exciting process. I would say baby your new sleeve as much as possible. I think you are good to hold off on puree for a few weeks but may want to check with your doc
Keep up the good work!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

stacezoe
on 9/30/11 6:06 am
Lets see how you feel around 9 days out! You start feeling like you never had surgery, and food starts to smell good! I loved me some cottage cheese right around then...I say hold off as long as you can the longer your on liquids the longer you lose quick!
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
maxie1
on 9/30/11 5:05 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Glad to hear you are felling ok  everyday you will get stronger.

susan

susan                                                                                                
BigJohn78
on 9/30/11 7:17 pm - Spring, TX
VSG on 10/01/10 with
Way to go Jete!!  
Glad to hear everything is going good for you. I agree with everyone else, stay on liquids as long as you can to give your new sleeve time to heal. There is no rush!!

Wishing you the best,
John

HW:340lbs.  SW:310lbs.  GW:220lbs.  CW:190lbs.  WL:150lbs.
                        Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                     http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

***WWAD***

hrford
on 9/30/11 9:56 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 That is so awesome that you are below 400 lbs!  

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views