OCTOBER SLEEVERS REPRESENT!!!

ACASHMAMA
on 10/6/11 3:48 am
Hi all my fellow October Sleevers!!

I am having surgery on October 24th at 11am.   SOOOOOO excited to start my new life!  (well, I'm pretty happy in my "old life" I just want to be a whole lot lighter in it!!)

I am getting ready to start my 2 week pre-op diet on Monday! 

I would love to have contact with some of you... let's support each other!

Take care and have a fabulous day,
Jodie

joeswife
on 10/6/11 4:16 am - CA
Hello fellow sleever, I had surgery monday, October 3, came home yesterday and doing pretty darn well so far. I have difficulty right now with headaches but the nurse felt that was from my nutrition or lack of it I guess. Gotten in 32 grams of protein so far today and sipping water which is helping. All in all no complaints, good luck to you and hang in there with the pre op diet!

lisajxoxo
on 10/6/11 4:19 am - CA
Hi Jodie,

I'm an October Sleever as well!  My surgery is scheduled for 10/11 (next Tuesday) YIKES!!!

I'm super excited too but also feeling a real mix of emotions the closer it gets.  My pre-op diet has been ok.  My doc put me on the Optifast shakes (5 a day) and nothing else.  The good thing is that i'm not hungry and my clothes feel loose, the bad thing is ... I miss food!  Have you ever noticed how many food commercials are on TV?  Ahhh, they are torture.  LOL!

Hope you have a fabulous day too,
Lisa
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/6/11 4:32 am, edited 10/6/11 5:12 am
Hey, Hey, Hey!!!

My surgery is on Oct. 20th.

I LOVE the thought of having an Oct. group. I would love to hear what the recent "sleevers" that had surgery are eating for the first week post op? I am worried about not getting enough protein in and would love to hear your shakes or protein suggestions. Any other liquids recipes would be fantastic too.

I am worried about the tube down your nose for the day after surgery. Any thoughts on that for the ones who already had it done?

I am so excited to have surgery sleeve sisters (SSS)! Yay!

I am so excited to start my journey with you guys. I have no support network at home and no one knows except for my hubby (and he is doubtful on this whole surgery). So all I have is YOU!!

Alicia in Texas
ChristineTX1970
on 10/6/11 4:57 am - TX
I'm in! Sleeve on the 24th.

sherryprice
on 10/6/11 5:10 am - OH
My surgery is this Monday and I'm starting the full liquid diet tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited!  its nice to have all the support. Any insight from all other sleevers would be great!

Have a wonderful day!
loveandlattes
on 10/6/11 5:16 am, edited 10/6/11 5:16 am
I am also scheduled for Monday October the 10th! Surgery is to start at 8:30am.

I'll just say flat out that I am passed nervous, I am terrified. But so ready to start this new chapter in life.

Good luck to everyone and hopes for a quick recovery for those already sleeved.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers

ACASHMAMA
on 10/6/11 5:37 am
Hi Everyone!

I wonder if we can make an actual group or if we would just post on the VSG board?? any ideas? I just think it would be great for us to keep in touch and support each other. And I always love new friends

And I am nervous too, but I just keep thinking ahead like 6 months, and I know it is the right thing for me to do.

-Jodie

dawn S.
on 10/6/11 5:37 am - NJ
Hey count me in too!!  No longer going to have to be the Great Pumpkin for Halloween hehehe  I go 10/11/11 Tuesday at 730.. Surviving the 10 day liquid diet. all preops are done and 530 tonight is my final preop with my surgeon.  Emotional day today.. missing food, scared and excited all at the same time..Glad you guys are here with me!!
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

litebrite1977
on 10/6/11 5:38 am - AZ
HI everyone!  My surgery is October 21st!  I like the idea of having an October group also.  I start my liquid diet tomorrow and am really scared!  Two weeks of only liquids is going to be torture for sure but I know it will be worth it in the end.  I have fought for three years to have this surgery and nothing is going to derail it now! 

Good luck everyone!  We all will do great!

Tara

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views